Digital frames in RAM to Analog output, Please help !

Old March 5th 08, 06:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tomi B 2008

Default Digital frames in RAM to Analog output, Please help !

Hi all !

I have a memory buffer/array in my application (Builder C++) which
represents frames of video, every 20 miliseconds I'm refreshing the
data in the buffer. I need somehow, to make this digital frames, to
come out as an Analog signals out of my PC, I need to send it to
another computer (as an analog data) for example by using BNC cable,
or just to send it directly into a small black and white CRT screen,
to see the frames as a Black/White video.

My buffer use 8 bits for each pixel, and the buffer size is 320 x 240
pixels.

I have no Idea how to do that !

Is there any ready driver/application that I can use? Is it possible
to send this frames as an analog output through the "TV-Out" output of
my PC graphics card? (for example Geforce card)

Please give any information you can, I really need to find a solution
very soon.

Thanks very much!

Best Regards,
Tom.
Old March 5th 08, 11:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

"Tomi B 2008" wrote in message
I have a memory buffer/array in my application (Builder C++) which
represents frames of video, every 20 miliseconds I'm refreshing the
data in the buffer. I need somehow, to make this digital frames, to
come out as an Analog signals out of my PC,

You are thinking too low-level. Read up on using graphics APIs like
DirectDraw or OpenGL. This is the only way to ensure your program is
portable across different machines with different video cards.

I need to send it to
another computer (as an analog data) for example by using BNC cable,
or just to send it directly into a small black and white CRT screen,
to see the frames as a Black/White video.

If you use a graphics API, the display driver will handle the actual output.
Through the nVidia control panel you can then easily select to use DVI, VGA
(which can then be converted to BNC with an adapter cable) or S-video.

How do you intend to have the other computer receive the video stream? Is it
equipped with a video capture card?

Old March 6th 08, 07:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tomi B 2008

How do you intend to have the other computer receive the video stream? Is it
equipped with a video capture card?

Thanks very much.

Let's say that I just want to send it directly into a small black/
white monitor by using a regular BNC cable that come out of my PC
(from my GeForce output for example?) and pluged in the monitor.

What next? what should I do?

Old March 6th 08, 09:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Tomi B 2008 wrote:
How do you intend to have the other computer receive the video stream? Is it
equipped with a video capture card?

Thanks very much.

Let's say that I just want to send it directly into a small black/
white monitor by using a regular BNC cable that come out of my PC
(from my GeForce output for example?) and pluged in the monitor.

What next? what should I do?

lol, talk about reinventing the wheel. I think heathkit sold what you
want back in 1974.
Old March 7th 08, 05:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

"Tomi B 2008" wrote in message
Thanks very much.

Let's say that I just want to send it directly into a small black/
white monitor by using a regular BNC cable that come out of my PC
(from my GeForce output for example?) and pluged in the monitor.

What next? what should I do?

As I said before, read up on basic graphics programming in DirectDraw or
OpenGL. There are some excellent tutorials on the web for this (Google it),
and it's beyond the scope of a Usenet message. You will probably need to
insert additional DirectX or OpenGL libraries into your programming
environment.

Once you get your video stream displayed on your PC monitor in full-screen
mode, it's a simple matter of using a HD15-to-BNC adapter cable to get BNC
output.