nVidia 8800 card is used to crack passwords

Old February 15th 08, 05:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Benjamin Gawert

Default nVidia 8800 card is used to crack passwords

* Chuk Goodin:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:02:35 +0100, Benjamin Gawert wrote:
What "password system"? User passwords? What is the difference between
Vista passwords and user passwords in other operating systems? And which
kind of passwords can be cracked in 25 days? The standard ones
"password", "myname123") or the better ones
("43Lz&263vC/3!kL209UbO63M§99emCF")?

D00d, where'd you get my password from?!?

I found it on that sticky on your monitor ;-)

Benjamin
Old February 15th 08, 05:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
JAB

wrote:
What "password system"? User passwords? What is the difference
between Vista passwords and user passwords in other operating
systems? And which kind of passwords can be cracked in 25 days? The
standard ones "password", "myname123") or the better ones
("43Lz&263vC/3!kL209UbO63M§99emCF")?

D00d, where'd you get my password from?!?

I found it on that sticky on your monitor ;-)

Benjamin

Did you know that ISPs take steps to protect people's passwords so for
example when I type:

user name: xxxxxxxx
password: xxxxxxxx

It should blank it out cool ah?

;-)
Old February 15th 08, 11:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

JAB wrote:

Did you know that ISPs take steps to protect people's passwords so for
example when I type:

user name: xxxxxxxx
password: xxxxxxxx

It should blank it out cool ah?

;-)

user name:Me.E Solved!
password:JABiS1bIgT00L

Oh rats, look at that, my password for all to see.

Not only can your 8800 crack passwords, it can run PhysX, without the
PhysX card installed. Well, it can, see:

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/14147
Old March 11th 08, 08:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* -:

Although they don't have it available for the nVidia GPUs yet,
Folding@Home (se my sig) has a version available for some of the recent
series of the ATi cards. Also a version for the PS3.

Yeah, that's because ATI can do real math and Nvidia just has lots
of frames per second.

What a BS.

Benjamin
Old March 11th 08, 09:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
-

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:53:08 GMT, Outback Jon
wrote:

Madoc Owain wrote:
I have a Beowulf cluster of 8800 GPUs.. unfortunately, my home has now
been zoned as an airport and I'm permanently deaf.

Seriously though, when I was running SETI@Home, I was hoping someone
would come out with a version that used my GPU, so I could get extra
results completed and edge out my competitors (a lab full of OpenVMS
Alpha systems).

Old March 12th 08, 02:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Are you implying nVidia cards are just better optimized for games? :-P