No Display

Old March 10th 08, 05:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Travis[_3_]

Default No Display

"Travis" wrote in message
"JLC" jc@nospam wrote in message

"Travis" wrote in message
Next thing, so I will ship it back to newegg. Do you think I should go
with the same M2N-SLI or is there some other motherboard you would
suggest instead? I mean, was this a fluke or does this board have lots
of problems? I'm looking for one between $90 and $100. This one was
$95.

I'd try another one. You got a bad board it happens. Where you really
careful when you where handling the MB? I know that when I built my PC it
was during the winter when it was super dry out and there was a lot of
static electricity. I always make sure to ground myself when I'm handling
any PC parts. JLC

Yes, I was careful, and I used a static strap the whole time while
building. Do you think I should go with the M2N-SLI again? I also saw a
Biostar TF-560 motherboard on newegg. It did not have SLI, but this is
for Grandma, who's not really a gamer. : ) It was slightly cheaper, but
it had pretty good reviews. The most common problem with it is the larger
CPU heatsinks with heatpipes don't seem to fit the mounting bracket. The
heatsink I am using does not have heatpipes, and it's the stock one that
came with the 4000+.

I suppose "JLC" already answered that question with the previous post...

Old March 11th 08, 04:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Travis King

"Travis" wrote in message
[...]

I went ahead and ordered the M2N-SLI again.

Old March 11th 08, 04:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

I went ahead and ordered the M2N-SLI again.
I'm sure this one will be fine. You get the odd dud with anything.....some
brands more than others. Asus is generally excellent.

Old March 11th 08, 09:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Travis King

"Augustus" wrote in message
I went ahead and ordered the M2N-SLI again.

I'm sure this one will be fine. You get the odd dud with anything.....some
brands more than others. Asus is generally excellent.

I brought all of the new parts home with me, and I was able to test the
video card in another machine, and it worked, so I know the video card isn't
bad at least. I've always went with Asus for builds except for quick hurry
extreme budget builds. One time I actually went with a different brand. It
was a socket 754 Epox motherboard, and it only lasted 3 months before it was
graveyard dead. (Computer would not even turn on.) Tried contacting Epox
and didn't get any help, and couldn't even get a hold of them so we could
return it, so we basically had a paperweight. Put in an Asus in that system
and no problems since. That was over two years ago.