Compaq 68 pin ide connector

Old August 18th 03, 04:43 AM
kelswood

Default Compaq 68 pin ide connector

Hi,
can anyone tell me the pinout for this cd-rom connector. I can't
find the info anywhere.
Thanks
Old August 18th 03, 07:22 AM
Rick

"kelswood" wrote in message m...
Hi,
can anyone tell me the pinout for this cd-rom connector. I can't
find the info anywhere.
Thanks

If it's really 68 pins, it's WideSCSI not IDE.

Rick

Old August 18th 03, 02:29 PM
HH

Ain't no such animal. Gotta be a wide SCSI 2 connector if it has 68 pins.
IDE is 40 pins. Compaq did have a few machines with SCSI CD ROM drives.

HH

Old August 19th 03, 12:34 AM
kelswood

Hi,
thanks for the reply. The connector is not like a Wide SCSI. Its
actually on a slim CD from an Armada Laptop and has a Mylar pcb to
take the connections down to a miniature 40 pin connector. If you
search on the web for "compaq 68 pin " there are a few clearance
houses selling this type of cd but they don't respond to my queries.
thanks

"kelswood" wrote in message
m...
Hi,
can anyone tell me the pinout for this cd-rom connector. I can't
find the info anywhere.
Thanks

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 11:49 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 August 7th 03 11:24 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 7th 03 04:22 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 1st 03 09:24 PM