6600GT and needed power supply

Old December 28th 04, 07:57 AM
Ed Light

wrote

So, I am going to give 6600GT a try. If newegg won't take it
back, I just sell it on eBay.

Or get a better power supply for $40+.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old December 28th 04, 08:00 AM
Ed Light

"PRIVATE1964" wrote
What rail does the AGP version of the 6600GT pull from the most +12 or +5,
It
must also pull some current from the +3.3 right? Thanks.

xbitlabs hasn't tested one yet. For the pci-e they found it was mostly on
the 12v, a little bit of 5v, and no 3.3v at all.
I'm waiting to see when they'll test one.
Though I'm beginning to gravitate toward the February agp 6600 (non-gt) as
the pci-e ones overclock well, some fantastically.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old December 28th 04, 08:26 AM

The problem with Dell's power supply, from what I read, is that it's
proprietary. Standard ATX won't work. I have to order from Dell.

Old December 28th 04, 09:48 AM
Ed Light

wrote in message
oups.com...
The problem with Dell's power supply, from what I read, is that it's
proprietary. Standard ATX won't work. I have to order from Dell.

I hope it's not like my friend's NEC was back when. I told her not to rub
that chip but -- she wrecked the motherboard. To replace it with an NEC
would have been hundreds! So she got everything but the motherboard put in a
new barebones, with a new case with psu and motherboard, for about $120.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old December 28th 04, 02:01 PM
PRIVATE1964

The problem with Dell's power supply, from what I read, is that it's
proprietary. Standard ATX won't work. I have to order from Dell.

Didn't I post that already, maybe it was another thread.

There is a website that sells Dell compatible supplies, I don't remember the
name of the website anymore though. You could try Google. I'm sure something
will come up.

Old December 28th 04, 02:03 PM
PRIVATE1964

I have to order from Dell.

There are other places that sell Dell compatible supplies.
Old December 28th 04, 09:01 PM

PRIVATE1964 wrote:
The problem with Dell's power supply, from what I read, is that

it's
proprietary. Standard ATX won't work. I have to order from Dell.

Didn't I post that already, maybe it was another thread.

There is a website that sells Dell compatible supplies, I don't

remember the
name of the website anymore though. You could try Google. I'm sure

something
will come up.

pcpowercooling.com ?

It sells a "Turbo-Cool 425 Dell Deluxe" (for Dell Dimension 4500)
for $149. :^(

Old December 28th 04, 10:03 PM
PRIVATE1964

pcpowercooling.com ?

It sells a "Turbo-Cool 425 Dell Deluxe" (for Dell Dimension 4500)
for $149. :^(

Yes, I think that is the website I was thinking of...Thanks.

I wonder why no one has invented an adapter for the Dell motherboards so you
can use any ATX supply. Isn't the only difference the pin placement?