MADDOG Rebate

Old July 30th 03, 03:55 AM
Lewis

Default MADDOG Rebate

I second that. I have had trouble with the last three rebates. I was care to
fooow directions, made copies and completed the form correctly, but I had to
make about 20.00 worth of long distance calls to get a rebate from CompUSA.
I simply will not buy a product based on a mail in rebate. I'm waiting on
one since Dec 2002 from Buslink/Bestbuy. Also, never got one from Lexar as
well.
"Strontium" wrote in message
news
My advice is to not consider rebates, as part of a purchasing decision.

-
No Rebate stood up, at show-n-tell in
and said:

I bought a MX440SE from CompUSA last December and promptly sent in the
rebate forms, 2 forms, 1-$20, and another $20 supplemental rebate. To
date, I've not received the supplemental rebate. I've checked back
and called the 800 number religiously, but I've not received any
satisfaction. Now it appears that the rebate center has moved
offshore, and communication difficulties are rampant!

My advice to you is, do not to buy a MADDOG product if it includes a
rebate!

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old July 30th 03, 04:39 PM
Patch

and said:

I bought a MX440SE from CompUSA last December and promptly sent in the
rebate forms, 2 forms, 1-$20, and another $20 supplemental rebate. To
date, I've not received the supplemental rebate. I've checked back
and called the 800 number religiously, but I've not received any
satisfaction. Now it appears that the rebate center has moved
offshore, and communication difficulties are rampant!

My advice to you is, do not to buy a MADDOG product if it includes a
rebate!

--

File a complaint with the Consumer Protection department.

Old July 31st 03, 04:29 AM
LeeB18509

I don't know why you guys think "Maddog" has anything to do with any
rebates. Rebates from products bought at Compusa go to 2 places.
www.wheresmyrebate.com in NY, or www.rebateshq.com in Miami. I get all my
rebates.

"Nystagmus" wrote in message
I agree with you all that Mad Dog's Rebates are a joke. I sent in the
original product bar code from the box with a copy of my receipt. They
mailed me a notice that the bar code is not from the product that has a
rebate. They don't send back the (in their words) incorrect bar code nor

copy of the receipt. I checked my copies (always made copies) just in

case
I was wrong, but sure enough I wasn't. Now I have no bar code to resend

and
get my rebate. Nice scam CompUSA and Mad Dog have going. I'll never buy
anything again from CompUSA where the price is right only after a rebate.

guess that means I won't buy anything from CompUSA since everything they
sell is only reasonably priced after getting the rebate months later.

Nystagmus

"Patch" wrote in message
. ..

Old July 31st 03, 02:35 PM
Jay Sottolano

To all,
Rebates fighting does seem to be happening more and more. As for
COMPUSA though, I've never had any problems by going back to the store I
bought it from. Ask to speak to a manager or the general manager. I've
had them credit the amount back to my credit card if a valid rebate has
been rejected and should have been paid. Come prepared with amy copies
you have.

Jay S.

Nystagmus wrote:
I agree with you all that Mad Dog's Rebates are a joke. I sent in the
original product bar code from the box with a copy of my receipt. They
mailed me a notice that the bar code is not from the product that has a
rebate. They don't send back the (in their words) incorrect bar code nor a
copy of the receipt. I checked my copies (always made copies) just in case
I was wrong, but sure enough I wasn't. Now I have no bar code to resend and
get my rebate. Nice scam CompUSA and Mad Dog have going. I'll never buy
anything again from CompUSA where the price is right only after a rebate. I
guess that means I won't buy anything from CompUSA since everything they
sell is only reasonably priced after getting the rebate months later.

Nystagmus

"Patch" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 1st 03, 01:58 AM
Nystagmus

Nystagmus wrote:
[...]

"Patch" wrote in message
. ..

and said:

I bought a MX440SE from CompUSA last December and promptly sent in

the

rebate forms, 2 forms, 1-$20, and another $20 supplemental rebate.

date, I've not received the supplemental rebate. I've checked back
and called the 800 number religiously, but I've not received any
satisfaction. Now it appears that the rebate center has moved
offshore, and communication difficulties are rampant!

My advice to you is, do not to buy a MADDOG product if it includes a
rebate!

--

File a complaint with the Consumer Protection department.

I don't agree. The rebate mishandling, mistakes, scam, whatever you want to
call it is prevalent with retail purchases of electronic/computer equipment.
CompUSA is as responsible as Mad Dog for it. Both companies hire clearing
houses to handle their rebates. Both companies should hold these clearing
houses responsible but they don't.

Rebates are a scam to begin with. Why does it take any company these days
6-8 weeks to process one's rebate? Why don't they just sell the item at the
after rebate price? These answers are obvious to me anyway.

Rebates are a billion+ dollar business. Let's assume that 5% of those
people never send in their rebates. Someone now has a 50 million dollars.
Let's also say that 5% of rebates are mishandled to a point that the rebate
amount is never sent. That's another 50 million dollars. That's 100
million dollars of rebates that were never received. Average rebate amount
is let's assume $100. 100 million divided by 100 is 1,000,000 times a
rebate was never sent to someone each year.

By keeping your rebate dollar amount over 4 weeks in a bank account provides
interest income for whomever. Let's assume at any given time there is 10
million in a back account. 10 million @ 4% divided by 12 months = 33
thousand a month someone is earning just by taking 6-8 weeks to process your
rebate.

I bet the figures in the above example are much higher.

Who get's the interest monies is a good question. CompUSA, Mad Dog, the
clearing house? Who cares?

Is it a scam? You betcha!

Rebates are a gamble. I've lost twice to CompUSA and Mad Dog. Once on a
video card another for a CD drive. No more rebates for me.

Nystagmus

Compusa good deal on some maddog accessories like Hard Disk cooler [email protected] General 0 June 15th 04 10:21 AM
Sony 510A $30 Rebate jtfogarty Cdr 5 November 13th 03 02:49 AM
Another Office Max rebate CDRW problem - recent Kypermedia drivewas substituted for some other free after rebate deal mike Cdr 0 August 28th 03 06:06 AM
Another Office Max rebate CDRW problem - recent Kypermediadriv... [email protected] Cdr 0 August 28th 03 01:35 AM
Another Office Max rebate CDRW problem - recent Kypermedia drive was substituted for some other free after rebate deal callsignviper Cdr 0 August 27th 03 02:26 PM