ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Problems...

Old July 10th 05, 07:25 PM
NBK

Default ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Problems...

HI

Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank screen
and/or display corruption.

Thanks
NBK
Old July 11th 05, 02:56 AM
Ray

NBK wrote:
HI

Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank screen
and/or display corruption.

Thanks
NBK

Has it worked before in your system or is it a new card?

It sounds like a power issue, but we need more information.

Ray
Old July 11th 05, 11:36 AM
NBK

Ray wrote:
NBK wrote:

HI

Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank
screen and/or display corruption.

Thanks
NBK

Has it worked before in your system or is it a new card?

It sounds like a power issue, but we need more information.

Ray

It has worked flawlessly in the past in this system.

My Specs: Intel 3.4e MHz Processor SL7E6 Costa Rica, Zalman CNPS7000B-CU
HSF, ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe v. 2.0 1021 BIOS, Audigy MP3+, Crucial 2x512
PC-3200, Samsung DVD Combo SM-348B, Maxtor 40Gb HDD PATA, Floppy Disk
Drive, Enermax EG651P-VE FMA 550 Watt PSU, Lian-Li PC-61 Case, ATI
Radeon 9800 Pro, Windows XP SP2
Old July 11th 05, 04:08 PM
NBK

NBK wrote:
Ray wrote:

NBK wrote:

HI

Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank
screen and/or display corruption.

Thanks
NBK

Has it worked before in your system or is it a new card?

It sounds like a power issue, but we need more information.

Ray

It has worked flawlessly in the past in this system.

My Specs: Intel 3.4e MHz Processor SL7E6 Costa Rica, Zalman CNPS7000B-CU
HSF, ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe v. 2.0 1021 BIOS, Audigy MP3+, Crucial 2x512
PC-3200, Samsung DVD Combo SM-348B, Maxtor 40Gb HDD PATA, Floppy Disk
Drive, Enermax EG651P-VE FMA 550 Watt PSU, Lian-Li PC-61 Case, ATI
Radeon 9800 Pro, Windows XP SP2

HI

I tried the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in another sytem built around a
P4P800-Deluxe and had similar results.

Thanks
NBK
Old July 20th 05, 11:59 PM
First of One

1. Are you using an LCD display connected via the DVI port?
2. Can you boot into safe mode and get the card to show anything?

. com...

Old July 22nd 05, 08:41 AM
mr.athlon

No LCD. Yes to the SAFE Mode thing. The PC works fine except for running
ATI multimedia programs. I do SAFE mode now and then. I look for
duplicated devices, old devices that are gone, etc.

What is your idea?

Bill S.