Internet Explorer Closing

Old January 14th 04, 12:49 AM
shatara

Default Internet Explorer Closing

I have had this problem for awhile. One certain web pages when it begins to
load Internet Explorer just closes it self out automatically. After awhile
I noticed that it starting frequently on websites that have java loading up.
I cannot play any games on yahoo or any other java based programs. I have a
pop-up stopper but i do not think it has anything to do with that. Any
suggestions. I appreciate the help

andi

Old January 14th 04, 06:05 AM
Noozer

"shatara" wrote in message
I have had this problem for awhile. One certain web pages when it begins

load Internet Explorer just closes it self out automatically. After

awhile
I noticed that it starting frequently on websites that have java loading

up.
I cannot play any games on yahoo or any other java based programs. I have

pop-up stopper but i do not think it has anything to do with that. Any
suggestions. I appreciate the help

Might be a power supply or video card. Not really sure what kind of
hardware would affect only java programs really.

Old January 14th 04, 03:23 PM
Rich @ Ultima Thule

"Noozer" wrote in message
news_4Nb.84312$JQ1.60545@pd7tw1no...

"shatara" wrote in message
I have had this problem for awhile. One certain web pages when it

begins
load Internet Explorer just closes it self out automatically. After

awhile
I noticed that it starting frequently on websites that have java loading

up.
I cannot play any games on yahoo or any other java based programs. I

have
pop-up stopper but i do not think it has anything to do with that. Any
suggestions. I appreciate the help

Might be a power supply or video card. Not really sure what kind of
hardware would affect only java programs really.

I have had that problem before, it appears to happen when you install the
sun Java Virtual machine rather than the microsoft version of it. I am not
sure why but it appears to be a bug on some XP systems.

Try removing the sun version and reverting to the MS version see if that
helps. The MS version was not included with XP as standard. Origionally it
came as an update to windows but i guess it might be in service pack 1 if it
was never installed as the standalone upgrade.

Cheers

Richard.

Old January 14th 04, 04:19 PM
shatara

Thanks I appreciate it, do you know where I can download the MS version.
Thanks for all your help.

Andi

Old January 14th 04, 07:34 PM
CBFalconer

"Rich @ Ultima Thule" wrote:
"Noozer" wrote in message
"shatara" wrote in message

[...]

It is much more likely to be a deliberate Micro$oft dirty trick.
They want to discourage Java since they lost the court fight about
fouling it up.

I suggest you and the OP get Mozilla or Netscape. Mozilla is
continuing development, and is at the heart of Netscape 7. It is
also open-source.

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE worldnet address!