Vidieo Performance issues

Old December 16th 03, 12:32 AM
Mike Seltenright

Default Vidieo Performance issues

I am having a video performance issue with an Albatron 4280P, where at
2 second intervals my frame rate will drop to zero. When I first
bought the machine last May, it got 3Dmark 2001 scores in the 12,000
to 13,000 range. Now it get 3,500 to 4,500. I have updated the
drivers, scanned for viruses, and updated windows to no avail.

My CPU subsystem benchmarks are the same as when new. I am completely
baffled.

Mike

Old December 16th 03, 06:23 AM
Noozer

"Mike Seltenright" wrote in message
I am having a video performance issue with an Albatron 4280P, where at
2 second intervals my frame rate will drop to zero. When I first
bought the machine last May, it got 3Dmark 2001 scores in the 12,000
to 13,000 range. Now it get 3,500 to 4,500. I have updated the
drivers, scanned for viruses, and updated windows to no avail.

My CPU subsystem benchmarks are the same as when new. I am completely
baffled.

What mainboard? Did you install chipset updates as well?

What resolution and colour depth? 24bit colour (if you have the option) may
not be as accelerated as 16bit or 32bit.

Old December 16th 03, 08:08 AM
kony

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:32:06 GMT, Mike Seltenright
wrote:

I am having a video performance issue with an Albatron 4280P, where at
2 second intervals my frame rate will drop to zero. When I first
bought the machine last May, it got 3Dmark 2001 scores in the 12,000
to 13,000 range. Now it get 3,500 to 4,500. I have updated the
drivers, scanned for viruses, and updated windows to no avail.

My CPU subsystem benchmarks are the same as when new. I am completely
baffled.

Mike

Always, regular 2 second intevals?

I'm wondering if a hardware-monitor type program or a bios setting for
hardware polling is causing this... seem to remember I had an Asus
board that when a bios setting was changed to update an iPanel
(bay-mounted display unit) it showed similar issue, though the pause
wasn't for long enough to drop the scores in 3Dmark THAT much, but
still significantly.

Dave

Old December 17th 03, 12:50 AM
Mike Seltenright

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:08:32 GMT, kony wrote:

Always, regular 2 second intevals?

I'm wondering if a hardware-monitor type program or a bios setting for
hardware polling is causing this... seem to remember I had an Asus
board that when a bios setting was changed to update an iPanel
(bay-mounted display unit) it showed similar issue, though the pause
wasn't for long enough to drop the scores in 3Dmark THAT much, but
still significantly.

Dave

Yes 2 seconds, you can set your watch by it. I don't see anything when
running 2D apps. For the record, system specs are P4SDX motherboard,
P4 2.66 clocked at 3.04, 1 gig Kingston HyperX PC3000 RAM.

This all cropped up very suddenly i.e. last thursday night played
Battlefield 1942 everything was fine, got home form work Friday and
that's what it was doing.

I'll check the bios but I havn't modified anything in there in months.

Mike

Old December 18th 03, 01:23 AM
Mike Seltenright

wrote:

[...]

Success!! Seems the problem was being caused by of all things... get
this.. DUmeter the network bandwidth monitoring program. I disabled
that, and everything is back to normal!

Mike
Old December 18th 03, 09:04 PM
Mario

wrote:

[...]

I've had a similar problem with dumeter, i'am using now onlineeye
without any problem. http://www.pmasoft.net

New build...curious about if there is any issues with the components im getting? Figurt General 0 September 10th 03 03:40 PM
Performance question Win98se vs win2000 vs XP pro [email protected] General 7 September 7th 03 04:30 AM
increase performance? using 4 modules of 512MB 2225 1T ? ali yousefi General 1 August 1st 03 12:07 PM
DDR400 Issues Mark \(UK\) General 4 July 29th 03 11:16 PM
RAM Performance frag General 3 July 17th 03 04:43 PM