Problem with ATI Radeon AIW 9600 - Video Flutter top 10% - 15% of screen...

Old July 12th 05, 09:14 PM
T Shadow

Default Problem with ATI Radeon AIW 9600 - Video Flutter top 10% - 15% of screen...

"Geneve" wrote in message ...

I am having a on going problem on the primary pc.

I have traced it to the Ati all in wonder radeon 9600 agp card.

At times when I turn on cable tv and go to the program guide for
a couple of moments I see the video defects.

ok so they go away after that for watching tv.

Ok next...

When I try and hook up any VCR to the card. I get intermitant
video defects at the top 10 percent to 15 percent portion of
the screen.

I do not believe it to be a macrovision thing....

It's frustrating that I cant do family vactions vcr stuff on the
machine that has that card.

How do I know it is not macrovision ?

Well I am guessing really.

When I put the same vcr's yes vcr's I have gone through five already,
on to a a ATI All In Wonder 128 rage card. I dont have these problems.

Since the ATI aiw 128 card does not work in Windows 2000 pro I am forced
in to using Windows 98 se mode on the secondary machine.

Do I use the MMC software to record with? No. I dont like it and the
video is not as good in my opinion for the work I do.

ATI's website for problem reporting wants to know serial numbers and
all that stuff. THis kind of stinks because I would really rather
now tear down the machine to pull the video card.

I am not really sure what to do next and I thought I would come here and
see if others have the same problems with the 9600 card like I do.

Please lets not discuss drivers. Thew latest drivers make the video look
worse on this card of mine and I had to remove them and put the older
drivers back in.

Peoples faces were looking like they were burned or .. well there was
pixel defects in the colors I guess I can put it that way. All in all
it was unacceptable.

Thoughts ?

(not interested in drivers suggestions)

--

You really aren't leaving anything to discuss. You're trying to build a
house on an defective foundation. Sounds like you have a driver, heat or

Old July 14th 05, 03:27 AM
xmradio

"T Shadow" wrote in message
"Geneve" wrote in message ...

[...]

using a 9600aiw here, works okay, but my hauppauge pvr 150 is much easier to
install when changing mbs, etc...cpu load is also less...

Old July 14th 05, 07:25 AM
J. Clarke

xmradio wrote:

"T Shadow" wrote in message
"Geneve" wrote in message ...

[...]

It should be. The Hauppauge PVR boards have hardware encoding.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old July 15th 05, 05:14 AM
T Shadow

"Geneve" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:14:18 GMT T Shadow said :
FYI this computer has
been running W2K with an AIW128PRO for 2 years w/o problem. The

theater200
chip on the 9600 is better for capturing.
Good luck, you'll need it.

I cant record anything on the w2k pro in reguards to the Aiw128
because of the drivers. All it gives me is :

ATI Bt829 Capture

352x288 is the largest box I can bring up.

But if I go in to Windows 98 SE then I can access 720x480 using YUY2
and get a lot better looking video capture. Also no screen flutter
using the same VCR's that were tested on the Primary machine.

I may be doing a a wedding video soon so looks like I will have to
do the capture on a slower machine using the old AIW that works better
video frame wise than the AIW 9600.

I can bring up the DVD high setting from the Custom Button but my PIII-450
won't do it. Too many dropped frames.
Looks like your W2K install is hosed too. The AIW128PRO has the Theater chip
not a BT.