Nero 6 - Upgrade confusion....

Old July 27th 03, 10:13 PM
zero

Default Nero 6 - Upgrade confusion....

bloody good question

theres far too many plugins for nero - there should be a download
everything option

"Guess Who" wrote in message
According to the AHEAD web site, Nero 6 Ultra comes with the DVD/SVCD
plug-in, but they are offering the plug-in for sale on the plug-ins page.
(As well as the HE-AAC plug-in). If I download all of the DEMO components
(which I have) then purchase an upgrade key, do I need to purchase the DVD
and/or HE-AAC plug-ins or would I already have them? The website says

they
are included in the retail box version. This is a bit confusing.

Also confused about the upgrade - does buying an upgrade key give me the
same features as the RETAIL BOX version?

On the upgrade site, it lists the DVD/HE-AA4/Mpeg4 plug-in as included,

but
again, what's throwing me off is elsewhere it lists these capabilities as
included in the Retail box version.

It wouldn't pay to get an upgrade key if I have to purchase all the
additional add-ons.

Old July 28th 03, 06:31 PM
Peter Johnson

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:49:40 -0400, "Guess Who"
wrote:

According to the AHEAD web site, Nero 6 Ultra comes with the DVD/SVCD
plug-in, but they are offering the plug-in for sale on the plug-ins page.

I think the confusion arises because Ahead seem to be having problems
updating the website to handle the new version.
This (Mon) morning 'upgrade to Nero 6' button led to the v5.5 upgrades
page, including the plug-ins mentioned. Ahead must have realised/been
told this was causing problems because the link has been changed to
bypass it. I guess the answer is to wait a few days until the website
is sorted and then all will become clearer, I hope.

Nero 6.0 and Nero Vision Nevada Jack Cdr 2 July 30th 03 05:17 PM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM
Nero 5.5.10.42 weirdness John Smith Cdr 0 July 25th 03 10:17 PM
Nero 6 pricing Morgan Cdr 3 July 23rd 03 10:37 PM
Digital Research 48x16x48 not recognized by Nero 5.5 Blackie Lawless Cdr 0 July 16th 03 01:58 PM