Anyone still use CRT monitors?

Old September 21st 10, 05:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
--[_2_]

Default Anyone still use CRT monitors?

I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still anyone who
uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and heavy) Nanao
monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe someone would have a use for
it.
Old September 21st 10, 07:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

-- wrote:
I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still anyone who
uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and heavy) Nanao
monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe someone would have a use for
it.

Counting....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,and crt tv, thats 9.
Lcd's... counting.... zero.
Old September 21st 10, 11:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
KCB[_2_]

"--" wrote in message
I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still anyone who
uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and heavy) Nanao
monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe someone would have a use for
it.

I actually use both CRTs and LCDs, but don't have a need for an extra, and
only because I haven't replaced the CRTs yet. Thanks for the offer.

Old September 21st 10, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
philo

On 09/20/2010 11:51 PM, -- wrote:
I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still anyone who
uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and heavy) Nanao
monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe someone would have a use for
it.

Just put it out on the street
with a sign on it:

Works

it will be gone in a minute

(without the sign it'll take 60 seconds)
Old September 21st 10, 01:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
Bryce[_2_]

philo wrote:

On 09/20/2010 11:51 PM, -- wrote:
I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still
used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still
anyone who uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and
heavy) Nanao monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe
someone would have a use for it.

Just put it out on the street
with a sign on it:

Works

it will be gone in a minute

(without the sign it'll take 60 seconds)

Around here, the scavengers will appear within minutes, clip
off the video cable and leave a now-useless monitor behind.
It's hard to believe they get much scrap value for those
cables, but apparently they do.
Old September 21st 10, 04:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
Phat_Jethro

On 9/21/2010 12:51 AM, -- wrote:
I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still anyone who
uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and heavy) Nanao
monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe someone would have a use for
it.

Usually if you put a "Free" sign on it people are too skeptical to take it.
Put a $50 sign on it and it will be gone in the hour. :-)

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Jethro
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 21st 10, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
Dirk Weber

-- schreef:

I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still anyone who
uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and heavy) Nanao
monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe someone would have a use for
it.

Thanks for the offer, but NYC is a bit too far just to go there to get a
used crt ;-)

Yes, my wife and me we still use crts (19 inch). These things never seem to
brake, but when that happens will surely replace them with lcds. These crts
are not too bad, but they need a lot of space on the desk. And they are
quite heavy.

With my first pc I could place the monitor on the pc case, better do not try
that with a 19 inch crt. No problem with a lcd, we had that in the office.

Groetjes uit Arft,

Dirk
--
D. Weber
Arft, Germany (50°23'N 7°5'E)
Old September 22nd 10, 03:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Orson Cart

-- wrote:
I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still anyone who
uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and heavy) Nanao
monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe someone would have a use
for
it.

Yes I still use a CRT monitor, I'll keep it until it dies.
I also have a CRT television, we have both analogue and digital
TV where I live. I prefer watching sports on the analogue channel
where possible.

Old September 22nd 10, 01:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
Brian Cryer[_3_]

"--" wrote in message
I remember that a few years ago, CRT monitors were still used by some
(photographers?) for color matching, etc. Is there still anyone who
uses them?

I ask cause I'm getting rid of a -relatively- large (and heavy) Nanao
monitor (in NYC), and thought that maybe someone would have a use for
it.

I got rid of both of my CRT monitors years ago by offering them on freecycle
(freecycle.org - or freegle as its better known now in the UK), that might
be a way of getting rid of it to someone who wants it ... assuming there is
someone in your area who would want it.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Old September 23rd 10, 03:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
First of One[_2_]

Just put it on Craigslist. My friends have been getting rid of unwanted
furniture and electronics this way for a couple of years.