Can't Get to Setup -- GA-7N400 PRO2

Old May 27th 05, 10:00 PM
Jack

Default Can't Get to Setup -- GA-7N400 PRO2

I booted up my 4 month old system this morning and the screen stayed on the
inital BIOS bootup screen. It asked for me to press F9 or the Delete Key. I
pressed F9 and got into the setup screen and I just pressed Save and Exit.
The computer is not seeing my video card because I'm not getting a video
sync to my Flat Panel or to a regular CRT. I have removed the video card and
reseated it, but I'm still having the same problem. I cannot get into setup.
My fan is spinning on my CPU chip and there doesn't appear to be anything
burned inside the case.

My system is:

GA-7N400 PRO2
1gig Kingston ddr memory
Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb
Soundblaster Audigy2
160gig Maxtor Drive
DVD +R-R
DVD ROM
Multi Card Reader -- Internal
Windows XP-HOME SP2

If I remove the battery and reset the CMOS, will this destroy the data on my
hard drive or will it give me a chance to reset everything? I did notice
that I am getting power to the fan on my video card. Could someone walk me
through how you would troubleshoot this issue?

Old May 28th 05, 12:28 AM
Jack

"Jack" wrote in message
[...]

I was able to get back into setup after removing the battery for 30 seconds.
My issue now is that I am not sure what my settings should be under the
Advanced Chipset Features menu.

I have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton 333MHZ fsb chip
I have two Kingston HyperX 512mb 184pin DDR 333 (pc 2700) Unbuffered memory
chips

Should I have the System Performance Setting set to [Normal]?
What should the FSB Frequency be set to?

If I have my motherboard set to Optimized Defaults, will this place my
system in an Overclocked state?

What should the AGP Frequency be set to?

All my system components are listed above in the previous post.

Old July 31st 05, 06:50 PM
Youra nama

"Jack" wrote in
:

"Jack" wrote in message
[...]

use the jumper.. shut down and jump the cmos jumper i use a slot cover
restart it will be back to the stock settings