HELP! Using Elsa 3D glasses with Nvidia GeForce 4 video card with 3D DVD's

Old March 25th 05, 03:34 AM
VastFear

Default HELP! Using Elsa 3D glasses with Nvidia GeForce 4 video card with 3D DVD's

Greetings-

I purchased some 3D DVD's from eBay while back and finally got a DVD burner
and decided I wanted to watch these on my PC

How do I get the Elsa Revelator 3D glasses to 'turn on' when I watch one of
the DVD's?

The Hot Keys through the Nvidia Stereo application don't turn on the
glasses.

Is there another application I can download that will force the glasses to
turn on so I can use them with the movies?

Thanks!
Erik

Old March 25th 05, 11:24 AM
Marcel Overweel

Hi,

I have bought a pair of E-D 3d glasses but that was just for games so I
didn't invest much time into dvd playing software.
What I can remember is that they had a program called 'vr show'.

Here is some information about it:
http://shop.rightthing.nl/index.php?...products_id=42

Looking at the description it seems it's ment for conversion and such except
for the last part of the description.
Although '3d slideshows and presentations' doesn't sound like it's for
movies.

I've just mailed those fellows if they can give some more info about this
subject. I'll forward it here when I get a response from them.

How much do you like those Elsa glasses by the way?
With E-D glasses I see 'ghost images' when watching fast movements, for
example with bright objects in a dark unreal tournament level.
I think those glasses have a problem with very bright on very dark or maybe
it's the quality of my monitor (iiyama diamontron, refresh rate 140Hz.).
Do you have some ideas about this?

regards,
Marcel

"VastFear" schreef in bericht

Old March 26th 05, 04:10 AM
VastFear

Yeah I need some type of program that will trick the glasses to be on even
if its just the Desktop... Not sure why the PowerDVD software doesn't kick
the glasses on.

The 3D Stereo NVidia drivers don't work on my Windows 2000 which is odd
since the drivers are for XP/2000

Maybe I should just give up and put Windows XP Pro on this box.

The glasses seem to work ok except there is still flicker - especially with
bright backgrounds.... I don't think that will ever go away. Seems like when
using them with games you have to 'tweak' the settings a lot to get a decent
effect. It would be cool if they could perfect the 3D technology so it works
as smooth as it did at the theaters.

Also would be awesome if they could design some mod hardware so you can use
3D glasses on projection/large screen TV's.

I notice some ghost movement like the 3D doesn't come together right. I
would like to try out the 3D converter kit for CRT TV's that converts all
video along with all game systems into 3D.

Erik

Old April 5th 05, 03:49 PM
Dirk Pajonk

Hello,

I'm using the latest 71.84 with the free stereoscopic player

http://mitglied.lycos.de/stereo3d/

It's great!

Old April 7th 05, 12:40 AM
penguin666

I've just seen these 3D glasses on eBay but I think they were a
different make. I was amazed I didn't know they even existed.

Although I'm not an expert, I did notice a few things on the one's I
saw that may be of some significance. It says they work with any
DirectX or OpenGL game. To get them to work with DVD's I suggest you
try turning on the option on the software that says something like
use hardware to process video or something like use DirectX for video
display. Try finding those options and try the different combinations
of themtry them out on full screen mode if it doesn't do anything
when not on full screen mode.

In the version of PowerDVD that I have if you right click on the
screen and choose configuration then click on video there is an
option for enable hardware acceleration.

I always remember that if I took screenshots of video that was running
when these options were running it would just be a blank image because
of it using the video card or something.

Hope this helps. :-)

Old April 7th 05, 08:52 AM
Dirk Pajonk

You can't see the stereo effect with any dvd software.
You'll have to take the program i've been writing about.
You'll have to use an 3d dvd like imax films.
Then you'll have to set the otions in the stereoscopic player.
It looks great, believe me.

"penguin666" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:e425e$42547380$455da0d2$27954@allthenewsgroup s.com...

Old April 8th 05, 02:52 PM