What inkjet printer prints the best text?

Old December 24th 07, 04:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
TJ

Default What inkjet printer prints the best text? Off Topic

measekite wrote:

TJ wrote:
Duff wrote:

I do not think there are enough idiots out there who are in love
with Microsoft Windows even though they need to use it for various
reasons.

Yeah, like only 92 percent of the market is totally sold with
Microsoft. And the number is growing daily.

You want to use Microsoft products because they're the best for you?
Fine, go ahead. But don't do it because everybody else is doing it.
That argument didn't work when you were a kid, did it?

If 92% of all lemmings follow others over a cliff, it is the 8% that
don't that survive to continue the species.

ha ha ha

"Market share" is a function of marketing prowess, and not necessarily
the quality of the product.

Oh Yeah the MS babies just like to sit on their Duff. ah ha ha ha

Sometimes, breaking away from the masses is the best thing to do.

It was for me. For business I have to use Windows but for personal use
I did have to put up with some driver difficulties and find replacements
form some lousy Windows software that did do the job but I do not get
the crash of the day and have to worry about a deluge of viruses.

Oh...My...Gawd. You've become a Linux advocate! Excuse me while I check
the news...Hell freezing over like that must be creating quite a stir!

TJ

Old December 24th 07, 10:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
kony

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:34:52 -0500, CBFalconer
wrote:

kony wrote:
Tony wrote:

... snip ...
Not sure I should have bothered however, it seems to me that once
some people have established a view they are completely immovable;

?? hardly a path to enlightenment!

First of all, if you can't respecty usenet conventions of
not top-posting, you shouldn't be allowed on usenet at all.

Tony appears to be a reasonable person, and doesn't deserve this
sort of treatment. I suspect he will respond quite nicely to
convincing arguments.

You may be right, but at some point you have to look at both
sides of the coin. Anyone can start doing the right thing
after having done wrong... and be given some patience for
that, but the flipside is anyone can also start doing the
wrong thing after having done right.

In the end, it's just text. If someone doesn't have thick
skin then I apologize for offense, but I'd have to also feel
that handling people with kid-gloves only works to a certain
point, and thick skin doesn't grow all by itself.
Old December 24th 07, 02:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
measekite

TJ wrote:
measekite wrote:

TJ wrote:
Duff wrote:

[...]

Not really. I recommend Windows for 95% of my customers and friends
because of the market penetration and Windows as lousey as it is is good
enough for what they want to do and the ease of them purchasing hardware
has a lot to do with that. However, I do recommend firefox,
thunderbird, open office, picasa and a few other basic applications that
are the same in Windows as Linux. Then from an application point of
view it will be easier to go to Linux should the need and timing arise.

But for printers I still recommend Canon unless they just want business
documents and them I offer them a choice between HP or Canon.
Personally I like Canon, Epson and HP in that order. For Linux if they
just need business documents and will most likely never or rarely do
photos then HP is the one to get.

For me,however it is Canon. However for a wide format printer for
photos in Linux I still do not know except I do favor the Canon Pro 9000.

TJ

Old December 24th 07, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Burt[_3_]

wrote:

kony wrote:
Tony wrote:

[...]

Kony - My responses to you have less to do with Tony than they have with
you. I have respect for those who "handle" (relate to) others in a kind,
non-abusive, civil manner. I certainly understand escalating your response
if the person with whom you are discussing an issue lacks civility or
becomes abusive. Your tone, from the start, was combative and accusative.
No need for someone to be "thick skinned" and experience offensive

All of us who participate in usenet and other internet-based forums realize
that some respondants are less civil than others. In part, this is a
product of the anonymity of the medium. Face-to-face, less of the dialogue
would be abrasive. Why not imagine that when you enter into a usenet
dialogue you are actually speaking directly to an individual or group of
people. That is not "handling" people with kid gloves - it is just common
courtesy.

Old December 24th 07, 07:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

kony wrote:

If someone doesn't have thick
skin then I apologize for offense, but I'd have to also feel
that handling people with kid-gloves only works to a certain
point, and thick skin doesn't grow all by itself.

You've just entered my killfile. I have no more time to waste with your
arrogant stupidity.
Old December 24th 07, 07:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

Burt wrote:
"kony"

If someone doesn't have thick
skin then I apologize for offense, but I'd have to also feel
that handling people with kid-gloves only works to a certain
point, and thick skin doesn't grow all by itself.

Kony -

Your tone, from the start, was combative and accusative.
No need for someone to be "thick skinned" and experience offensive

All of us who participate in usenet and other internet-based forums realize
that some respondants are less civil than others. In part, this is a
product of the anonymity of the medium. Face-to-face, less of the dialogue
would be abrasive. Why not imagine that when you enter into a usenet
dialogue you are actually speaking directly to an individual or group of
people. That is not "handling" people with kid gloves - it is just common
courtesy.

Burt,

You're correct, of course. However, I think that we've wasted enough
"ink" reasoning with this combative troll. He has to fight; he has to
win. Period. Disengage.

I've killfiled him, and submit that the rest of us do likewise.

Richard
Old December 24th 07, 09:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
kony

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:18:37 GMT, "Burt"
wrote:

[...]

It seems you are a little beyond reason here, thinking that
ultimately you are going to judge the way another replies.

I hope that was a kind, non-abusive, civil manner. If you
persist in trying to judge the way another replies, it is
not surprising that people wouldn't be as kind, non-abusive,
and civil.

Sometimes, it is wrong to try to sugar coat something that
shouldn't taste sweet.

All of us who participate in usenet and other internet-based forums realize
that some respondants are less civil than others. In part, this is a
product of the anonymity of the medium. Face-to-face, less of the dialogue
would be abrasive.

True, face to face the conversation would often turn out
differently. You'd be mistaken if you feel only my exchange
in the conversation would have been different. I will in
fact clearly tell someone when they are irresponsible, when
their actions have a potential to negatively effect others.
THAT is far more significant, IMO, than some text on usenet.

Why not imagine that when you enter into a usenet
dialogue you are actually speaking directly to an individual or group of
people. That is not "handling" people with kid gloves - it is just common
courtesy.

Why not imagine that courtesy is a two way street. When
someone selectively, probably deceptively brushes aside
facts, the entire conversation may need to stop and refocus
until that is addressed. It is equally discourteous in a
face to face conversation to completely ignore what the
other person said and disagree with no justification or
counter evidence. When doing so promotes something that can
cause problems for others as well, the dialog has already
sunk below a courteous level.

Why just imagine, instead of actually looking at the history
of mankind. Truth, justice, all those grand ideals we
humans have seldom come nor are maintained with only
courtesy. Your ideas, when taken out of context, conflict
with reality.
Old December 24th 07, 10:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
kony

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:16:40 -0800, Richard Steinfeld
wrote:

Burt wrote:
"kony"

[...]

Yes, how dare a person be "combative" instead of agreeing
with another who shows no real consideration of facts or of
the impact on others.

Grow up, this is a conversation. If words make your eyes or
ears bleed, you have been in isolation a little too long I
suspect. It is not as though every other word was four
letters in my replies, and sometimes people need a little
kick in the pants to get their conversation back on track.
If I think someone is being less than considerate or
deceptive, I will state that. They are welcome to elaborate
on their position, and to stop selectively ignoring evidence
towards their own agenda.

When someone tries to always steer a conversation back
towards a goal instead of taking it as it comes, looking at
facts instead of ignoring them, it is a dead giveaway that
there is an agenda.

Is it always a polite discourse with someone having an
agenda? No. If that could always be accomplished by being
polite, what a great thing that would be. When you are
polite and someone already refuses to discuss facts instead
_choosing_ to ignore direct evidence, they are either
mentally defective or choosing to do so.

Nobody is perfect, if overlooking facts was an oversight, or
consideration of the impact of something on others wasn't
thought out, that much can be overlooked. It's when
something is repeatedly mentioned and still an attempt to
sweep truth and fact under the rug, that civility has
already degraded in the conversation.

However, I think that we've wasted enough
"ink" reasoning with this combative troll. He has to fight; he has to
win. Period. Disengage.

I've killfiled him, and submit that the rest of us do likewise.

Richard

Good for you, it's a bit like putting your hands over your
ears and singing la la la la la.
Old December 24th 07, 10:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Taliesyn

measekite wrote:

I recommend Windows for 95% of my customers...

But for printers I still recommend Canon unless they just want business
documents and them I offer them a choice between HP or Canon.

So, for how long have you been a floor salesman at Staples? Is this
just during the Holiday period that you'll be hawking the printers, or a
long-term thing?

-Taliesyn
Old December 25th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Brett Kline

Default What inkjet printer prints the best text?

B. Schneier wrote:
Most of my printing involves documents and legal briefs. There is some
color printing for brochures and stuff I find on the Internet. Can
someone recommend a color ink jet that prints laser-like text and is
reasonably fast.

Thanks in advance,

BS

How many pages per month would be color and what percentage of a page
would be colored?