New RAM on GA-7N400 Pro 2 question

Old June 17th 05, 09:11 PM
William C

Default New RAM on GA-7N400 Pro 2 question

I currently have 1 512 MB PC2700 (333) memory module and would like to go
up to 1 GB.

Should I get another matching memory module, or is it worth it to get a set
of matching PC3200 (400) memory modules and try to sell the old PC2700?

I mean each module cost about $75, is there really that much difference
between DDR333 and DDR400, or does the cache pretty much even things out?
Old June 19th 05, 03:49 AM
Rudy Kazuti

For what it's worth I had two matched sticks of Kingston 3200/400. I had all
kinds of problems. Re-boots lock-ups etc. Switched to Corsair and everything
settled down. Just for kicks I reinserted one of my Kingstons to go to 1.5
gig and I'm still OK. Been several months now. From what I've read here
there's not that much difference between 333 & 400. I'm using a 3200/400 CPU
and I just matched everything up. I think I would just get another stick of
2700, 400 can be tricky and cause problems you don't need.

Rudy

Old July 31st 05, 06:55 PM
Youra nama

"Rudy Kazuti" wrote in
:

For what it's worth I had two matched sticks of Kingston 3200/400. I
had all kinds of problems. Re-boots lock-ups etc. Switched to Corsair
and everything settled down. Just for kicks I reinserted one of my
Kingstons to go to 1.5 gig and I'm still OK. Been several months now.
From what I've read here there's not that much difference between 333

"William C" wrote in message
I currently have 1 512 MB PC2700 (333) memory module and would like
to go up to 1 GB.

Should I get another matching memory module, or is it worth it to get

set
of matching PC3200 (400) memory modules and try to sell the old
PC2700?

I mean each module cost about $75, is there really that much
difference between DDR333 and DDR400, or does the cache pretty much
even things out?

well i bought 2 'matched' sticks of 512mb pc3200 elixer mem(70 delivered)
runs fine at increased timings(2.5-3-3-7) my be the used stick of samsung
i have in there on the second bank