XFX GeForce FX6800GT 256MB

Old January 13th 05, 01:43 AM
Si

Default XFX GeForce FX6800GT 256MB

Does anyone know where I can get one of these in the UK? I've looked at the
major sites (Dabs, EBuyer, Aria etc) but they all seem to be out of stock. I
would like to get one now before I spend my dosh on something else lol.

Cheers.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

Old January 13th 05, 07:55 AM
Kokoro

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Si ordered an army of hamsters to
type:

Does anyone know where I can get one of these in the UK? I've looked
at the major sites (Dabs, EBuyer, Aria etc) but they all seem to be
out of stock. I would like to get one now before I spend my dosh on
something else lol.

Cheers.

Si

You'll have to be patient. Place an order with Dabs and they will send it
out as soon as they get stock.

Also places might not order any stock til items are ordered from them.
Old January 13th 05, 02:05 PM
fasteddy

"Si" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get one of these in the UK? I've looked at
the major sites (Dabs, EBuyer, Aria etc) but they all seem to be out of
stock. I would like to get one now before I spend my dosh on something
else lol.

Cheers.

Si

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=136443

hth

Old January 14th 05, 02:44 AM
SL

maybe a dumb question, but I have to know. Why cant people overseas buy
products from the United States? I would assume that if you have a
Visa/Mastercard etc..., you can ship via FedEx. I can see maybe paying a
few more dollars for something that way, but how much could it be? Is it
that some manufacturers will not warranty things going outside of the
country? My example for something like a video card that would ship to me
(Virginia) would be 10$, maybe 20$ for someone in England?

Just curious....

SL

Old January 14th 05, 11:52 AM
Iain Dingsdale

"Si" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get one of these in the UK? I've looked at
the major sites (Dabs, EBuyer, Aria etc) but they all seem to be out of
stock. I would like to get one now before I spend my dosh on something
else lol.

Cheers.

Overclockers.co.uk?

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

Old January 14th 05, 11:54 AM
Iain Dingsdale

"SL" wrote in message
maybe a dumb question, but I have to know. Why cant people overseas buy
products from the United States? I would assume that if you have a
Visa/Mastercard etc..., you can ship via FedEx. I can see maybe paying a
few more dollars for something that way, but how much could it be? Is it
that some manufacturers will not warranty things going outside of the
country? My example for something like a video card that would ship to me
(Virginia) would be 10$, maybe 20$ for someone in England?

why would we buy from america? a lot of people here, myself included only
use a debit card such as switch, and by the time you pay the import duty you
could end up paying way over the odds.

Just curious....

SL

Old January 14th 05, 05:13 PM
FRibolo

I've bought one at spacecentersystems.com or something similar

I'm in Italy, they are in Texas. No shipping problems. And with the good
rate of the euro it was so cheap

Fabio

Old February 1st 05, 04:52 PM
First of One

A lot of decent American shops, e.g. NewEgg and Zipzoomfly, do not ship
outside of the US. The ones that do, shipping often tends to be outrageous
($10 for VA, $50 for UK...)

Officially, mfrs do not warranty things outside of the US, though if the
card is indistinguishable from the local one, there's a good chance RMA will
work.

Old February 1st 05, 06:56 PM
Nero

$25 to ship to UK