Can't get Windows 2000 Pro to Install on new A7N8x deluxe

Old February 26th 04, 01:40 PM
Michael Pompey

Default Can't get Windows 2000 Pro to Install on new A7N8x deluxe

HELP!!!

I just swapped out my old P3750/ DFI Motherboard for a new Asus
A7N8X-X and Athlon XP 2800.

When I tried to boot the old OS from my previous setup I got the
***STOP Inaccessible Boot Device***. I've sinced learned that I can't
install a new MB underneath Windows2000 OS and expect it to work.
Since I've already backed up my data, I figured to do a clean install
on a freshly formatted Hard Drive.

I booted from my Windows 2000 CD. I get the inital Blue Screen telling
me its loading all of the drivers, etc. Then once it loads all the
drivers the Windows 2000 installation stops and the computer powers
off.

I've read that this may be a problem with Windows2000 CD not being
able to load the chipset drivers for the NVIDIA chipset in my board.
I've checked all the documentation in my manual and on NVIDIA's
website, but no one mentions how to install the IDE drivers prior to
installing the OS. My system boots to DOS fine, but it hangs when
trying to install Windows 2000 PRO.

Any info or help will be appreciated
Old February 26th 04, 01:57 PM
BoB

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...2k.zip~zaqwedc

http://tinyurl.com/3ax5a

this is the allinone drivers for W2k! 15megs
Since it's a zip file you might be able to get the ide driver on a floppy
and hit f2
at setup, however I wouldn't even try unless I was using W2kSP3or4!
Check your bios settings first!

om...