76.41 Driver Fixes the Temperature Bug

Old March 30th 05, 03:44 AM
rms

Default 76.41 Driver Fixes the Temperature Bug

www.guru3d.com

I'm pretty happy with this driver so far. Reported temps are lower, and I
see no other problems so far.

rms

Old April 2nd 05, 04:37 PM
rms

sorry for asking stupidly, but: are you certain?

Well it did for me, and for whoever posted the driver on guru3d

rms

Old April 3rd 05, 07:13 PM
Pete

Worked for me too, I went from 50° C to 40 C after installing the 76.41's

m...

Old April 4th 05, 11:58 PM
Bri

rms wrote:
www.guru3d.com

I'm pretty happy with this driver so far. Reported temps are lower, and I
see no other problems so far.

rms

How do you test the temps???
Old April 5th 05, 02:08 AM
RHinNC

In the nVidia control panel there is a temp view where you can see the
ambient temp, card temp and set the high temp threshold...

"Bri" wrote in message
.. .

Old April 5th 05, 01:25 PM
RaceFace

"RHinNC" wrote in message
om...
In the nVidia control panel there is a temp view where you can see the
ambient temp, card temp and set the high temp threshold...

Obviously, only if your card has a built-in thermistor/thermometer. I think
only the current 6xxx does.

Old April 5th 05, 02:32 PM
Bri

RaceFace wrote:
"RHinNC" wrote in message
om...

In the nVidia control panel there is a temp view where you can see the
ambient temp, card temp and set the high temp threshold...

Obviously, only if your card has a built-in thermistor/thermometer. I think
only the current 6xxx does.

Thanks for the tips..... my card mustn't have the temp sensors.... it's
an fx5600.

thanks anyway
Old April 6th 05, 07:11 PM
Kroagnon

"Bri" wrote in message
.. .
In the nVidia control panel there is a temp view where you can see the
ambient temp, card temp and set the high temp threshold...

Obviously, only if your card has a built-in thermistor/thermometer. I

think
only the current 6xxx does.

Thanks for the tips..... my card mustn't have the temp sensors.... it's
an fx5600.

I had loads of problems with this driver... image quality sucks on my 6800GT
256MB AGP. Even had display corruption in web sites with a dark background.
Also, the right click dual view menu didn't appear.

I went back to 71.84.

Old April 7th 05, 06:55 AM
Inglo

On 4/6/2005 11:11 AM Kroagnon brightened our day with:

"Bri" wrote in message
. ..

In the nVidia control panel there is a temp view where you can see the
ambient temp, card temp and set the high temp threshold...

Obviously, only if your card has a built-in thermistor/thermometer. I

think

only the current 6xxx does.

Thanks for the tips..... my card mustn't have the temp sensors.... it's
an fx5600.

I had loads of problems with this driver... image quality sucks on my 6800GT
256MB AGP. Even had display corruption in web sites with a dark background.
Also, the right click dual view menu didn't appear.

I went back to 71.84.

The 76.41s kill surround sound in Doom 3, I just bought Resurrection of
Evil, I want 5.1 sound. I went back to the 71.84s. As far as the
temperature thing, with the 71.84s, I max out around 69c under load.
Nothings locking up and everything looks great so I'm not worried.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com