To maxiimus formula or not

Old March 7th 08, 02:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
joe

Default To maxiimus formula or not

Hi all

thinking of building a system using a maxiums formula board
but been reading horror stories relating to memory, cpu
swlection, nortbridge overheating, network failures, vista 64
bit installs.

Anybody who has the board have any input......should i buy?
TIA
Joe

Old March 7th 08, 05:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John E[_2_]

"joe" joe @nevermind.com wrote in message
Hi all

thinking of building a system using a maxiums formula board
but been reading horror stories relating to memory, cpu
swlection, nortbridge overheating, network failures, vista 64
bit installs.

Anybody who has the board have any input......should i buy?
TIA
Joe

Depends what you want. I have vista 64 running on it just fine. If you have
an external hard drive with esata connection, you might like to know that
there is no esata connection on the motherboard (you could of course buy a
bracket and connect it to a spare internal sata connection). On the other
hand it has a PCI express sound card included. If you read the Asus maximus
formula forum, you will see a lot of horror stories, but you will on every
motherboard specific site. For me it runs stable and cool, but I have
nothing overclocked.

John

Old March 7th 08, 08:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
name[_3_]

"John E" wrote in message
[...]

What type of CPU & RAM are you running?

TIA,
john

Old March 7th 08, 09:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John E[_2_]

"name" wrote in message news:Q_gAj.15$ox3.6@trndny04...

"John E" wrote in message
[...]

CPU: E6580 (Core 2 duo 3.0 GHz)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DHX (Nothing special - CL5 running at 800 MHz)

John.

Old March 8th 08, 02:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
name[_3_]

"John E" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. I'm going with the Wolfdale E8400 and either Corsair DDR2 800 cas 3
or DDR2 1066 cas 5.
And I agree, even though most customer reviews are good, there are always
problems.

john

Old March 9th 08, 09:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
sneekez

I have the same config wolfdale 8400, Corsair Cl5 800, I don't know about
problems but have not had any. Very reliable and capable of so much...

"name" wrote in message news:FPlAj.74$yD3.13@trnddc05...