DeskTop Manager for GeForce 6800

Old June 10th 05, 10:09 PM
Jason Saffer

Default DeskTop Manager for GeForce 6800

Hi all,

I've got a new Dell Dimension 8400 that comes with a Nividia GeForce 6800
board. A friend is telling me about a DeskTop Manager feature that would
allow me to set up different desktops with different screen resolutions. I
can't find the Nividia control panel that would allow me to set this up on
my system. He is suggesting that I find out how to activate or install the
nView Desktop Manager' for your GForce2 6800 board. I've got what I think is
the latest graphics driver (version 71.24) for this board. There is no
listing for Nvidia in XP's control panel. I can access a Nividia control
panel by right clicking on my desktop and choosing the Dell monitor that's
listed in the Nvidia Display context menu that shows up. But there is no tab
for a desktop manager.

When I research this on the Net, it seemed to indicate that I need to have
Nwiz.exe on my system or in my startup folder, in order to run the desktop
manager. I did a search of my system and that file isn't on my hard drive
anywhere.

I'd appreciate thoughts and ideas on how to proceed. Thanks very much.

....Jason

Old June 11th 05, 02:21 AM
McGrandpa

"Jason Saffer" wrote in message

[...]

Ok, first, download the nvidia 71.89 driver set from
http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Next, uninstall your current video drivers completely. It appears
you're running the Dell set, which may not have all the features the
nVidia set does.

Reboot, then run the driver installer. After it completes, reboot
again. When you get to your desktop, set the res and color the way you
want. Then open the control panel, go down to Desktop Management, click
on it. You have to Enable it first. Have fun with the settings. You
might want to enable the taskbar icon. Tools for that one.
McG.

Latest Catalyst software - HELP ..how do I disable extended desktop? Beemer Ati Videocards 1 March 24th 05 04:19 PM
6800 variations? SL Nvidia Videocards 5 December 31st 04 07:01 AM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
John Carmack's official comments on NV40 (GeForce 6800 family) John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 44 April 18th 04 06:06 PM
Hardware vs Software IDE Raid for Desktop C. Morrow Storage (alternative) 5 August 9th 03 03:44 AM