Ebuyer Opinion

Old September 27th 03, 10:51 PM
Crossbow

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:09:06 +0100, Alan Norris
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:26:51 +0100, "Tinklemagoo"
wrote:

Last couple of enotes I have posted have been answered within 2 days. And
when I returned faulty sdram on the wednesday I had replacement 2 days
later!
From my experience Ebuyer seem to be improving there customer
support/service.

Ebuyer prices still very competitive compared to other major mail order
companies and most of the time the cheapest.

Made my first order from Ebuyer on Sunday. All arrived complete and on
time on Thursday as promised and all works. So I am impressed so far.

Mind you, *nobody* can touch Crucial. Ordered a DDR stick on Sunday.
Arrived Tuesday morning by special delivery and of course, it works
perfectly.

Alan

Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc

Too true - Crucial's service is always exemplary - no point buying
memory from anywhere else.
Old September 28th 03, 03:47 PM
Stephen Austin

What -did- happen to ebuyerdotcon and his website?

I remember reading somewhere that ebuyer threatened legal action and it got
shutdown.....

Old September 28th 03, 06:45 PM
Alan Norris

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:30:16 +0100, Lem wrote:

"SLP" wrote:

I started using Ebuyer a few months ago - ironically, I first
checked them out after reading all the complaints about them in
this NG. My dozen or so orders have all been delivered correctly
and on time with no issues whatsoever.

Am I being overly suspicious or am I right in thinking that the
eulogic postings to this thread have a certain sameness to them which
might, just, suggest a hidden hand is involved in making them?

No, you are wrong in thinking that.

Excuse me if I am being too suspicious but it kind of feel that way a
bit.

It is known as paranoia. See a doctor.

Old September 29th 03, 01:59 AM
SLP

"Buggerlugs" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:30:16 +0100, Lem wrote:

Am I being overly suspicious or am I right in thinking that the
eulogic postings to this thread have a certain sameness to them which
might, just, suggest a hidden hand is involved in making them?

Excuse me if I am being too suspicious but it kind of feel that way a
bit.

Doesn't it just.

There was a similar thread praising Ebuyers service started just before
this one, so it certainly could look suspicious to a cynical person.

But seeing as I actually started this thread, I know there was no 'hidden
hand' involved. If some of the posts have a certain 'sameness', it may be
because all the people concerned have received similar service from Ebuyer.
If my next order / RMA goes wrong, I'll be sure to start another post
slagging them off.

SLP

Old September 29th 03, 06:28 PM
dg

I have ordered perhaps £2500 worth of gear off them over recent months, and
no probs with the gear or delivery .

I have ordered late friday afternoons, and got the stuff delivered at 8-
8.30 on saturday mornings. Never let me down ebuyer or city link(?).

dg

wrote:

Last couple of enotes I have posted have been answered within 2 days. And
when I returned faulty sdram on the wednesday I had replacement 2 days
later!
From my experience Ebuyer seem to be improving there customer

Old September 29th 03, 10:54 PM
display.systems

While I've had an almost faultless service from ebuyer over the last few
years 3 of my recent orders have had problems, ordered Ritek unbranded
DVD-R and was sent Princo, received a faulty Pioneer 106 DVDRW that
would read CDs but not DVDs and an order received today had a
recertified Western Digital 40Gb HDD (online warranty check shows it's
only covered until Feb 2004!) and a DOA MSI mobo. I've ordered
replacements for these and will hopefully receive them tomorrow.

The only thing that annoys me is that while I will be refunded for the
faulty items I will have to make another claim for the return carriage
as it's never refunded with the item refund and I'll also get stuck with
the carriage for the replacements as I need them a.s.a.p. and can't
afford to wait 7-10 days for ebuyer to send replacements.

I know that returns from buyers are a nightmare for all suppliers but
for trade customers who have made 100's or purchases and spent 1000s of
£££s with ebuyer could a system could be put into place to cover genuine
returns with less hassle?.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Davison

Display Systems Consultants UK
Old September 30th 03, 12:08 AM
Colin Wilson

I know that returns from buyers are a nightmare for all suppliers but
for trade customers who have made 100's or purchases and spent 1000s of
=A3=A3=A3s with ebuyer could a system could be put into place to cover ge=

nuine
returns with less hassle?.

Why should a b2b transaction get more favourable service than a customer=20
covered under the sale of goods act ?

--=20
Old September 30th 03, 10:11 AM
dg

Perhaps because it is a business relying on another business?

With companies that I do business with, I try to get some account system
going so that I can return fauly goods, and they send out replacements the
same day. We then sort out any discrepancies later.

dg

t...

Old September 30th 03, 10:17 AM
display.systems

In article , Colin
Wilson writes
Why should a b2b transaction get more favourable service than a customer
covered under the sale of goods act ?

The SOGA has nothing to do with this, what I'm suggesting for ebuyer is
a system that at least 2 other suppliers we use have for trade
customers, something arrives DOA or damaged then a quick phone call and
a replacement is sent straight away with out waiting for the original
item to be returned.

The difference being that "faulty" returns from experienced system
builders are 99% of the time actually faulty and not just incorrectly
installed or incompatible with existing hardware as a large percentage
of consumer returns are.