A short ebuyer tale...

Old September 7th 03, 08:59 PM
Rudi Cheow

Default A short ebuyer tale...

Hey folks,

In the interest of balance I just thought I'd come on here and say
that on Thursday I placed an order with ebuyer for about 17 different
items, with a combined value of about £1100. I asked for Saturday
delivery.

All the items turned up on Saturday morning, complete, intact, brand
new and in perfect working order. As have many other orders I have
previously placed.

So, contrary to some opinions here, ebuyer CAN (and in my experience,
always do) provide a decent service. Even on a couple of returns I
have had to make in the past.

Cheers,
Rudi
Old September 7th 03, 10:34 PM
display.systems

In article , Buggerlugs
writes
*cough* *bull*****

Really?, how many orders have you had from Ebuyer to come to that
conclusion?.

I've placed over 100 orders with them since May 2001, all were delivered
on time and I've only had 4 items to return all of which were processed
in under 10 days.

In fact going on number of items purchased vs number of items returned
Ebuyer have the lowest returns ratio of any supplier except Crucial and
Tekheads, both of which are excellent companies but who together have
supplied less than 5% of the total number of items purchased from
Ebuyer.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Davison

Display Systems Consultants UK
Old September 8th 03, 10:01 AM
shaun

"Rudi Cheow" wrote in message
om...
Hey folks,

In the interest of balance I just thought I'd come on here and say
that on Thursday I placed an order with ebuyer for about 17 different
items, with a combined value of about £1100. I asked for Saturday
delivery.

Haven't bought that much off them so far (maybe a dozen orders). All arrived
complete, working and on or before the arranged delivery day. My latest
order was placed late on Friday - it was here at 08:30 this morning.

I don't doubt that there are horror stories about their CS but for the type
of kit i'm ordering at the prices i'm getting it for i'm prepared to accept
the risk.

Old September 8th 03, 11:55 AM
mike

"Rudi Cheow" wrote in message
om...
Hey folks,

In the interest of balance I just thought I'd come on here and say
that on Thursday I placed an order with ebuyer for about 17 different
items, with a combined value of about £1100. I asked for Saturday
delivery.

All the items turned up on Saturday morning, complete, intact, brand
new and in perfect working order. As have many other orders I have
previously placed.

So, contrary to some opinions here, ebuyer CAN (and in my experience,
always do) provide a decent service. Even on a couple of returns I
have had to make in the past.

Cheers,
Rudi

I've placed many orders with Ebuyer. Each time have been more than happy and
will continue to use them. Never had to return anything tho

Old September 8th 03, 12:45 PM
Ben

"mike" wrote in message
"Rudi Cheow" wrote in message
[...]

I also have always been satisfied with the service they provide, as with
most things in life you must make a reasoned compromise. Lower prices
balanced against poorer customer service. IMO ebuyer provide the best
balance of these factors.

Old September 8th 03, 04:58 PM
Me

"Ben" wrote in message
.. .
I also have always been satisfied with the service they provide, as with
most things in life you must make a reasoned compromise. Lower prices
balanced against poorer customer service. IMO ebuyer provide the best
balance of these factors.

Well said, I have tried to put this point accross in the anti ebuyer
threads, but they just don't seem to get it. *sigh*

---
Outgoing mail has been virus checked

Old September 9th 03, 08:41 PM
Andy Cunningham

I think I might have suffered that same problem with a couple of shipments
(well, once from Ebuyer, and once from another company using the same
courier). Ebuyer were great and redispatched the order fairly promptly.

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"Rudi Cheow" wrote in message
om...
Hey folks,

In the interest of balance I just thought I'd come on here and say
that on Thursday I placed an order with ebuyer for about 17 different
items, with a combined value of about £1100. I asked for Saturday
delivery.

Only problem I've had is courier theft so far....