Ebuyer Missing Items, InterCity Link Courier Theft probable.....

Old August 11th 03, 04:13 PM
tHatDudeUK

Default Ebuyer Missing Items, InterCity Link Courier Theft probable.....

Hi,

Ebuyer have told me that the package was dispatched with the items in (based
on weight, which I presume they kept a record of the original parcel
weight). [I had to contact them 18 days after I first contacted them for
them to tell me this.] When the box was received it had obviously been open
and taped up again.

B*****d thieving couriers who didn't even steal the most expensive things in
the package (but then again they are probably too thick to ever know what a
router is, I'm surprised they know what a CD writer is....)

Does inter****ty link keep a record of which van driver makes a given
delivery cos surely you'd easily tie up what's going missing with who's
delivering them and you have one big jail bird who's gonna be bending over
to pick up the soap for a few years, with his address and phone number in
his employment file.... (Or more likely, eh up mate, deliver this one for us
please....) It's a big shame if InterCity Link don't keep records like this
because it makes the criminals get away with their crimes.

What's the likely outcome from this? Anyone else had the same problem? This
sux....

TIA

(One pi**ed off Ebuyer customer....)

Old August 11th 03, 09:50 PM
tHatDudeUK

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
It seems obvious someone at Citylink or possibly Ebuyer has stolen the
items. I assume I will end up with the items because I have paid for them
and haven't received them.

Will City link do a worthwhile investigation or will the police need to be
involved?

Old August 11th 03, 11:08 PM
Paul Hopwood

"tHatDudeUK" wrote:

All you know is that items are missing and that's how the matter
should be dealt with. Anything else is pure conjecture.

Other than the fact the box has been re-taped which implies it has been
opened and re-sealed by someone....

Precisely, it merely *implies* it has been opened and re-sealed. The
package may of been re-sealed for a genuine reason. Even if you were
able to prove it took place after the goods were packed that in itself
isn't evidence of theft.

I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility but:

a) you don't have sufficient evidence.
b) accusing staff of either party of a criminal act isn't likely to
endear them to you and bring about a speedy resolution to your
problem.
c) the only thing which should matter is that your goods are missing.

Once you've been supplied with the goods you ordered the matter of how
the items went missing is for ebuyer and/or Citylink to resolve,
should they wish to investigate.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old August 11th 03, 11:31 PM
-=^OmeN^=-

In message , Nigel
Sandell writes
Goods should be weighed as they leave Ebuyer and as they arrive with
City-Link (so both parties know how much the parcel will cost to send) they
certainly do when they leave our warehouse, if there is a discrepancy here
it is easy to know who lifted the goods...ahem where they "fell" out of the
box.

Goods from a sender who sends large quantities will generally be pre
weighed by the customer, the carrier is unlikely to weigh the parcel at
the depot (time involved etc.), and it definitely won't be weighed at
the hub or arrival at the delivery depot.

So the only thing the weight will confirm (if it's obvious that a
certain item has been removed i.e. heavy) is that all the bits were in
the box when it was weighed.

It could have been tampered with
...after that and before leaving ebuyer.
...After ebuyer and before the depot
...At the depot
...NOT between the depot and the hub as vehicles are security sealed
...At the hub (unlikely)
...NOT between the hub and the depot (as above)
....etc.

And although you are I'm sure you are scrupulously honest
...Could have been removed by you after receipt.

All the main carriers have a 'security dept' who take allegations of
theft very seriously, might be worth talking to them.

HTH

Old August 12th 03, 01:38 AM
tHatDudeUK

"-=^OmeN^=-" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, 100% true but 100% the same for the Van driver. I'd just hope that if
people did this there was an easy way of tracking and prosecuting offenders.

If I was to steal something I'd steal something more than a couple of CD
drives. I'm worth more than that thanks :-). If I was to try and do some rip
off it would have to be for at least a good few laptops worth about
£2000+... lol. I'd never do owt like that though.

As I said in the other post. The items stolen weren't the most expensive,
but *possibly* one's a leyman may believe had more resale value as you
wouldn't expect joe public city link van driver to know what a router is....

At the end of the day the only thing what concerns me is getting my money
back or the gear I ordered.

Old August 12th 03, 11:02 AM
EBuyerdotcon

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:48:28 +0100, "Nigel Sandell"
wrote:

Nigel, being from easyetrader.com, just as a matter of interest why
are you trying to defend ebuyer?

EBuyerdotcon "Made the wrong choice, didn't you?"
www.ebuyerdotcon.co.uk
Old August 12th 03, 12:39 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Nigel Sandell" wrote in message
It is a nightmare when something like this happens, I myself have dozens

of
boxes coming in through many differant couriers and have had items missing
from most if not all of them. The only way around this is to check each

box
for any signs of tampering, if in doubt sign as unchecked or damaged, you
not only cover yourself but make it a whole lot easier to get a

replacement
from the sender as the courier will refund the cost of the missing items

the sender as long as it was signed for as such.

So a word "unchecked " wrote on the thing makes them send a new one out
straight away?! Don't think so, something seems fishy here. I don't see why
one word should change everything, expecially when what you sign doesn't
have any type of contract on it, eg. an agreement saying the goods are all
there and in good condition.

So the message is just write "UNCHECKED" and then sign underneath it and
have the courier look weirdly at you thinking all you effing needed to do
was sign it.

Old August 12th 03, 03:22 PM
Jaime

Goods should be weighed as they leave Ebuyer and as they arrive with
City-Link (so both parties know how much the parcel will cost to send)

they
certainly do when they leave our warehouse, if there is a discrepancy

here
it is easy to know who lifted the goods...ahem where they "fell" out of

the
box.

Goods from a sender who sends large quantities will generally be pre
weighed by the customer, the carrier is unlikely to weigh the parcel at
the depot (time involved etc.), and it definitely won't be weighed at
the hub or arrival at the delivery depot.

So the only thing the weight will confirm (if it's obvious that a
certain item has been removed i.e. heavy) is that all the bits were in
the box when it was weighed.

I though most companies got their carriage weight from adding the weight of
all the items rather than weighing the parcel. I mainly think this because
the couriers labels and shipping documents are usually (at a guess) printed
before the parcel is packed and thus its total weight can not be weighed.
Weighing the parcel after pacing and then printing the label simply adds
another processing step taking significantly extra time. I've also not heard
of couriers weighing parcels they get from regular customers unless they
suspect their being fiddled upon which I would guess they do a spot check.

I would guess that the bit about weighing may have been written by a member
of staff who had not been near the warehouse.

Also its quite simple, you signed to say you had receive a package not the
specific contents of said package thus your signing does not negate the
suppliers responsibility of supplying you with the missing items. Otherwise
you should have been made to sign an itemised manifest of the goods when you
relieved them.

Jaime

Old August 12th 03, 05:36 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

it don't say you are signing to confirm the
goods are received in good condition whatsoever so there's no contract

there
by law IMO.

I think you'll find that by signing, the 'small print' will be along the
lines of 'signed for and all goods ok'... therefore there will be a
contract.

Don't let the van driver hurry you...

either, open parcels, check everything is there and then sign,

or,

Sign as UNCHECKED and you protect yourself in the event of an item being
missing.

I once had an ebuyer order delivered short of just one modem. Sent an enote
and a replacement arrived next day. I know its a cheap item and probably
different circumstances to yours.

I hope ebuyer and the courier get their act together here and sort out your
problem.

g.

Old August 12th 03, 08:32 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Nigel Sandell" wrote in message
Im not defending anyone, just stating how online retailers and couriers

work
in regards to goods going missing in transit.

sorry, just unhappy with the situation.

thx for all replies... i'll have to wait and see what happens