2 Acer netbook XP problems...

Old December 5th 09, 04:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
Paul H

Default 2 Acer netbook XP problems...

My Acer netbook w/XP has changed.

1. It now does some kind of scan or something when it returns from stand-by
or hibernate or shutdown, etc. A line appears that shows a propeller made
of | / - \ spinning, preceding by a few "....". The time I have to wait is
annoying, but does not seem to cause a problem.

2. I am having trouble installing printers. My Brother MFC-420CN is on
it's own Ethernet wire, and other W7 laptops see it, but my XP netbook
doesn't.

TIA, Paul

Old December 5th 09, 04:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
tc

"Paul H" wrote in message
. ..
My Acer netbook w/XP has changed.

1. It now does some kind of scan or something when it returns from
stand-by
or hibernate or shutdown, etc. A line appears that shows a propeller made
of | / - \ spinning, preceding by a few "....". The time I have to wait
is
annoying, but does not seem to cause a problem.

2. I am having trouble installing printers. My Brother MFC-420CN is on
it's own Ethernet wire, and other W7 laptops see it, but my XP netbook
doesn't.

TIA, Paul

If your Brother printer is like my HP, Win 7 will find it automatically on
the network. XP requires a driver install before it will even look.

Terry