Geforce ti4200 long pauses during MOH and Dungeon siege games, any way to fix?

Old November 17th 03, 02:24 AM
Soulcatcher

Default Geforce ti4200 long pauses during MOH and Dungeon siege games, any way to fix?

Here's my system:

amd 2000+
512 mem
xp pro
asus a7n8x - deluxe mobo
pny geforce 4200 128meg 8x agp

All new drivers and bios installed
directx 9.0b

Here's the problem.
I installed the latest video drivers and then upgraded the new
directx, and now all my games pause for a couple seconds at random.
No error messages are displayed.

The system works great otherwise.

I have tried everything. Reinstalled drivers, reinstalled winxp, put
back directx 9.0a (which worked before), installed old drivers that
worked. Nothing works.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Lee

Old November 17th 03, 04:23 AM
Billy_Bat

"Soulcatcher" wrote in message
Here's my system:

amd 2000+
512 mem
xp pro
asus a7n8x - deluxe mobo
pny geforce 4200 128meg 8x agp

All new drivers and bios installed
directx 9.0b

Here's the problem.
I installed the latest video drivers and then upgraded the new
directx, and now all my games pause for a couple seconds at random.
No error messages are displayed.

The system works great otherwise.

I have tried everything. Reinstalled drivers, reinstalled winxp, put
back directx 9.0a (which worked before), installed old drivers that
worked. Nothing works.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Lee

The latest drivers are more suited for the FX line of cards. You would be
better off with 45.23 or such. Remove the 52.xx and all should be well. At
least better. ;-)
Good Luck!
BB

Old November 17th 03, 06:04 AM
nobody

[...]

I had problems with the gart drivers included in the recent 3.13
nforce driver release. Installed newer version as found in this
thread and my problems disapeared.
http://www.amdforums.com/showthread....hreadid=271896

Old November 17th 03, 06:43 AM
Bruce Tyler

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:24:11 -0700, Soulcatcher wrote:

Here's my system:

amd 2000+
512 mem
xp pro
asus a7n8x - deluxe mobo
pny geforce 4200 128meg 8x agp

All new drivers and bios installed
directx 9.0b

Here's the problem.
I installed the latest video drivers and then upgraded the new
directx, and now all my games pause for a couple seconds at random.
No error messages are displayed.

The system works great otherwise.

I have tried everything. Reinstalled drivers, reinstalled winxp, put
back directx 9.0a (which worked before), installed old drivers that
worked. Nothing works.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Lee

I have a system pretty darned close to yours (Ti4200*128mb, XP2000+
512mb RAM, Asus MB - XP Pro SP1 - DX90b) and I run 41.09 drivers... I
have NO such problems. Maybe you should go back to older drivers as
the newer ones may not be the best for any of the Ti series cards...

My games actually run noticably better now I have installed DX90b...