ATI 9600 AIW Macrovision HELL

Old September 21st 04, 08:47 PM
Dave

Default ATI 9600 AIW Macrovision HELL

Running XP SP2. Trying to capture the original VHS star wars tapes as
they will never be released again.

Have a Sima SCC-1 in between the VCR and the ATI S-Video in. Still
detecting Macrovision.

Tried the patch for the atimvdxx.sys it patched the file. Rebooted,
however problem still there.

Here's the kicker, I tried deleting the file all together, rebooted
and it magically has reappeared. Deleted it again, without rebooting
in a couple of seconds the file reappears all by itself.

Anyone have any more ideas?

Perhaps this is why many people are not having any luck with the hack.
BTW: If the file is patched, then reboot, the patch seems to still be
there, however, the date/time in the directing listing still reads
10/21/2003.

This is really driving me nuts!!!
Old September 21st 04, 09:18 PM
cannonfodder

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
Running XP SP2. Trying to capture the original VHS star wars tapes as
they will never be released again.

Have a Sima SCC-1 in between the VCR and the ATI S-Video in. Still
detecting Macrovision.

Tried the patch for the atimvdxx.sys it patched the file. Rebooted,
however problem still there.

Here's the kicker, I tried deleting the file all together, rebooted
and it magically has reappeared. Deleted it again, without rebooting
in a couple of seconds the file reappears all by itself.

Anyone have any more ideas?

Perhaps this is why many people are not having any luck with the hack.
BTW: If the file is patched, then reboot, the patch seems to still be
there, however, the date/time in the directing listing still reads
10/21/2003.

This is really driving me nuts!!!

Try booting into 'safe mode' and turn off system restore.

'fodder

Old September 22nd 04, 12:16 AM
Karl

Dave wrote:

Running XP SP2. Trying to capture the original VHS star wars tapes as
they will never be released again.

Have a Sima SCC-1 in between the VCR and the ATI S-Video in. Still
detecting Macrovision.

Tried the patch for the atimvdxx.sys it patched the file. Rebooted,
however problem still there.

Here's the kicker, I tried deleting the file all together, rebooted
and it magically has reappeared. Deleted it again, without rebooting
in a couple of seconds the file reappears all by itself.

Anyone have any more ideas?

Perhaps this is why many people are not having any luck with the hack.
BTW: If the file is patched, then reboot, the patch seems to still be
there, however, the date/time in the directing listing still reads
10/21/2003.

This is really driving me nuts!!!

I don't know if things are the same under windows xp, but under windows 2000
there is a hidden folder named 'dllcache' inside the system32 folder. Can't
remember what I was disabling at the time, but I had to disable it in this
folder first, to stop it magically reappearing again. Just wondering if the
same thing is in xp. Perhaps an idea to enable hidden and system file view
and search for the particular file to see if it is listed twice.

Of course, I'm probably barking up the wrong tree completely:-)
Karl