how to get rid of Macovision from ATI All-in-wonder 9600?

Old August 28th 04, 11:15 PM
Ykarus

Default how to get rid of Macovision from ATI All-in-wonder 9600?

Hello

Macrovision doesn't seem to like my old home movie VHS, the image jumps.
Somebody told me it was because Macrovision would think it's a copyright
tape. It sucks, since I bought my ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 to put my home
movies on DVD.

Thank you!

Old August 29th 04, 12:44 AM
Ykarus

hello!

Thank you for the invormation!

ok well maybe it's not macrovision after all... but about 80% of the home
video I try to transfer on my hard drive, on the top of the picture there is
a constant jumping while line... it happens usually with EP mode VHS
tapes... any idea?

Thanks again,
Regards,
Rémi

"GareeeŠ" wrote in message
If it's a home movie, it doesn;t have macrovision. If it's a movie you
bought, it probably does.

Old August 29th 04, 12:57 AM
GareeeŠ

That sounds like bad tracking information from the vcr.. try to use an older
vcr with adjustable tracking to get rid of it.

If that's the culprit, basically, you're seeing more on your computer
screen then you'll see on your tv.

if you make an svcd or a dvd from the videos, you should see the same thing
on the tv as the original tape.

The problem is the old camcorder or tape deck's head alignment, Vs what you
are using today.

Old August 29th 04, 01:10 AM
Ykarus

Hello

Again, thanks for helping me.

Yup, when i watch the movies from the VCR directly to a TV, there is no
problem at all. I agree with your statement saying it' may be because the
computer sees 'more' than on a TV. So you think that i won't see the lines
when i'll burn it to a DVD ? I never passed the step of capturing a movie
because I thought the white lines would be brought on the DVD.

I'll give it a try!

Thanks again

Old August 29th 04, 02:13 AM
Ykarus

Nope...

I captured a VHS tape that was recorded on EP Mode, the tracking line was
there, burned it and when i watched it on the TV the lines were there too. A
VCR with tracking... i will have to try to find an old one.

Thanks again, friend!

Regards,
Rémi

Old August 29th 04, 02:16 AM
V Green

"Ykarus" wrote in message
Nope...

I captured a VHS tape that was recorded on EP Mode, the tracking line was
there, burned it and when i watched it on the TV the lines were there too.

VCR with tracking... i will have to try to find an old one.

Thanks again, friend!

Regards,
Rémi

Rather than do that, why not just use VirtualDub
to crop the offending white line(s) off the top?

It's free, and will save you the effort of tracking
down that VCR...

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Old August 29th 04, 04:11 AM
T Shadow

"Ykarus" wrote in message
hello!

Thank you for the invormation!

ok well maybe it's not macrovision after all... but about 80% of the home
video I try to transfer on my hard drive, on the top of the picture there

is
a constant jumping while line... it happens usually with EP mode VHS
tapes... any idea?

Thanks again,
Regards,
Rémi

Do you have Crop Video turned on?

Old August 29th 04, 04:44 AM
GareeeŠ

Never noticed that option....

Old August 29th 04, 04:46 AM
GareeeŠ

"T Shadow" wrote in message

Do you have Crop Video turned on?

Isn't there supposed to be some video soap option to clean up the recording
as well?

--
GareeeŠ (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage: