bios flashing problem with a7v400-mx

Old January 19th 05, 01:08 AM
Browser Joe

Default bios flashing problem with a7v400-mx

I'm having difficulty flashing the bios with asus update in win xp. Each
time I try to update or download from the net, it says no proper bios
images found... I'm on 1006, and they now have 1009... Also, I manually
downloaded the bios flash file, and tried to update it from file and it
says that the bios has a later date than the current bios, please use
asus dos flash utility to perform this action.

Well, with a warning I don't wanna fool with bios flashing. I have
flashed the bios before in winxp (1004 - 1006). I also found it odd that
if I connected to the germany site, the program would say it has a newer
version then would update itself, great! Then if I were to go to the us
site, it would say there is a newer version, but would downgrade it?

I dunno, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks.

Old January 19th 05, 09:27 AM
Mercury

The first thing you need to sort out is WHY are you updating your bios?
If you do not have a concrete problem that affects you ability to use the
mobo then you should not update your bios for the sake of it as you risk
killing your motherboard.

You should not use windows to update you bios - it increases the risk of
things going wrong.

. ..