Video Card With Two Digital Outputs, But No Cooling Fan?

Old May 20th 07, 10:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
(PeteCresswell)

Default Video Card With Two Digital Outputs, But No Cooling Fan?

I've got a couple of Radeon 7000's that do what I need done -
which isn't much - except that they have one digital and one
analog output. My last CRT monitor finally went to monitor
heaven... so they're all LCD now and 100% digital would add some
clarity to the monitors that are now on the analog side.

I don't have anything against more capacity - although, as
somebody who just writes code, I probably don't need it. What I
want to avoid is the additional noise of the on-board cooling
fans that seem tb on most higher-end cards.

Anybody know of a functional equivalent that has two digital
outputs, but is low-end enough that it does not have an on-board
cooling fan?
--
PeteCresswell
Old May 21st 07, 12:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Bob Knowlden

A suggestion: use the "power search" for video cards at www.newegg.com, even
if you can't (or won't) do business with them.

I chose 2 DVI connectors, and fanless, as search criteria. 27 cards were
found. At least one was bogus (dual VGA adapter, rather than dual DVI), and
several are water cooled (do you wish to use that?). Most are PCI-Express
cards, though. Can you use that?

Old May 22nd 07, 05:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Kyle

Even further to the Newegg suggestion, check out the open box/refurb
area for good deals on a decent vid card. Never had a bad refurb/open
box from Newegg to date. Bought 2 open box vid cards from Newegg in
the last few months and both worked as expected. I specifically chose
fanless models for people who were not 3d gamers and wanted a quiet
system.

--
Best regards,
Kyle