HDCP for latest 8 series drivers....!

Old April 26th 07, 03:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Guest[_2_]

Default HDCP for latest 8 series drivers....!

I just got a Sceptre X22 1080P LCD today. I previously had the 20.1" X20WG. I had no problem with the previous monitor, but when I put this one on, it is blurry! I did all adjustments and what not only to find out that my problem is the Nvidia driver! When I hit the info button on the monitor, the resolutions 1920X540! When the driver is not installed, the monitor goes back to it's native 1680X1050, but of course I can do nothing with that!

I got this thing from Newegg and you know how they are about LCD's, so what do I do? I thought HDCP was for Blue Ray and HD only? I cannot stand to look at a blurry piece of ****. Also, there is no problem when playing games...
Old April 26th 07, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Well, the display, being 1680x1050 native, is obviously *incapable* of
1080p. HDCP has nothing to do with this.

Install the latest monitor drivers he
ftp://ftp.sceptre.com/pub/monlcd/sceptre.zip This should make 1680x1050
available as a selectable resolution in Display Properties.

. ..

Old April 26th 07, 04:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Guest[_2_]

It is selectable and so is the the 1080 resolution, but the info on the
monitor itself show that low resolution. The type that an HDCP protection
may produce. Also, I 'thought' that it did not occur in games, but it does.
Before all you had to do was plug that damn thing,....!

"First of One" wrote in message
Well, the display, being 1680x1050 native, is obviously *incapable* of
1080p. HDCP has nothing to do with this.

Install the latest monitor drivers he
ftp://ftp.sceptre.com/pub/monlcd/sceptre.zip This should make 1680x1050
available as a selectable resolution in Display Properties.

. ..

Old April 26th 07, 06:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Guest[_2_]

"First of One" wrote in message
So, in Display Properties, what resolutions are available for you to
choose from?

From 640x480 up to 1920x1080. I think it may be a defective monitor. I did
get the monitor to display 1920x1080, but it is still blurry and unusually
bright and uneven. Adjustments don't seem to work well. The on-screen
displays look as sharp as it should...