How can I get the right aspect ratio on an TV LCD

Old October 22nd 06, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Richard Huber

Default How can I get the right aspect ratio on an TV LCD

I need the right display resolution for an 16x9 LCD-TV Display.

800x600 shows very flat circles. So I need 800x450 or 853x480.

My Video Card is ATI RADEON X300/550...

Any Ideas?

Richard
Old October 22nd 06, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Neil H.

"Richard Huber" wrote in message
I need the right display resolution for an 16x9 LCD-TV Display.

800x600 shows very flat circles. So I need 800x450 or 853x480.

My Video Card is ATI RADEON X300/550...

Any Ideas?

Richard

1. Open your ATI Catalyst Control Center

2. Go to Video All settings Theater mode settings

3. Under "Set the aspect ratio to:" select "Match to source video"

That should do it for you.

Neil

Old October 22nd 06, 06:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Neil H.

"Neil H." wrote in message
. ..

"Richard Huber" wrote in message
I need the right display resolution for an 16x9 LCD-TV Display.

800x600 shows very flat circles. So I need 800x450 or 853x480.

My Video Card is ATI RADEON X300/550...

Any Ideas?

Richard

1. Open your ATI Catalyst Control Center

2. Go to Video All settings Theater mode settings

3. Under "Set the aspect ratio to:" select "Match to source video"

That should do it for you.

Neil

Hmmm. I was assuming you meant for showing videos on your TV, but maybe
that's not what you meant. Elsewhere in the Catalyst Control Center there's
a part that allows you to force different resolutions, so you might look for
that. Whether they offer a resolution suitable for your purposes I don't
know (and don't have that computer in front of me at the moment).

Neil