MX440 v30.82

Old September 4th 03, 07:40 PM
Kieran Harvey

Default MX440 v30.82

I would advise against using manufacturer specific drivers on someone elses
cards, but if you go to the nvidia website you can d/l the reference drivers
there.

"megffan" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if these drivers (v30.82) will work with any nVidia

GF440
MX based VGA card on Windows ME? This version is intended for the Sparkle
MX440 128MB card and works well without crashes, etc. I also have on

another
system with a similar card but by AOpen, the MX440 V64 x8 and the drivers
that came with that are problematical on WindowsME, causing shut-down

hangs
andoccasionally very slow display performance. Should I try the Sparkle
drivers - would it do any harm?

Old September 5th 03, 11:27 AM
Ed Medlin

Shouldn't do any harm at all. You can always just uninstall them. I have
used Sparkle drivers with several Nvidia cards, not MX ones, but Ti-4400 and
4600s without problems for the most part. Most of the Sparkle drivers are
optimized for video quality if I remember correctly, so it may take a bit of
horsepower from your card to provide the extra effects.

Ed