motherboard help. Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard

Old September 7th 06, 01:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
marq122 via HWKB.com

Default motherboard help. Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard

I brought this motherboard on ebay with out a book. I need to know how to set
up the pin's or wire for the power led and keys. I don't want to burn the
motherboard from just guesting at it. If anybody could help me that would be
great. This is what I have.
This is my personal Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard (136109-102) with the
Processor and memory still installed. The processor is Pentium III 700mhz and
there are 3 - 128mb Pc100/133 modules.

Old September 7th 06, 02:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

--

You aren't going to burn the motherboard by guessing at it. Power and reset
are momentary contact. Either they are connected, or they aren't. You

The LEDs connections can be reversed. Three things will happen if you
guess:
1) Nothing (wrong pins)
2) Nothing (right pins, but reversed wires)
3) LEDs work correctly

Having said that, you shouldn't have to guess. Most mainboards are marked
somehow, though the print is microscopic and often abbreviated, such as
2-point type reading "pwr_led" with little + and - signs. That would be the
Power light on the front of the case, and the +/- shows which way to connect
the wires. At worst, if the wires aren't marked, you've got a 50/50 shot at
it, so you'll get it right in 2 tries or less. -Dave

Old September 7th 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
marq122 via HWKB.com

Dave wrote:
I brought this motherboard on ebay with out a book. I need to know how to
set

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
[...]

Ok the wires are mark. The board is not all it show is number of pin. 1, 2 ,
J10 19,20.
So I don't know where the power led will go and the reset swich and the hdd
led.
Is it ok if I do guest?

FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 March 15th 05 06:50 AM
Compaq Presario 5BW160 motherboard csjuko Compaq Computers 1 August 5th 04 11:03 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 27th 04 06:21 PM
Compaq FAQ ** New Link HH Compaq Computers 0 June 19th 04 11:47 AM