Good 2500+ ?

Old July 20th 03, 11:55 PM
Thomas Andersson

Default Good 2500+ ?

Hi!

I'm getting my Narton 2500+ now and got the person sending it to me to give
me the numbers from the top so I could research it a bit while I'm waiting.
Naturally I'm interested on an estimate of how good a performer it might me
(planning on running it as a 400Mhz processor).
The numbers a

AXDA2500DKV4D F458637270143 AQXDA 0319UPAW

I figured the important bit would be the following:

Stepping Code AQXDA
Manufacture Year 2003
Manufacture Week 19
Production Batch A
Batch Production Number 0143

From what I've gathered a low batch numer (A) is good, right? What does the
batch production number mean? And is this a good speciment of the processor
in general? Any other overclocking related info I can pull from teh full
string above?

Any thoughts, comments and suggestions welcome!

Best Wishes
Thomas

Old July 21st 03, 01:14 AM
S.Heenan

Thomas Andersson wrote:
Hi!

I'm getting my Narton 2500+ now and got the person sending it to me
to give me the numbers from the top so I could research it a bit
while I'm waiting. Naturally I'm interested on an estimate of how
good a performer it might me (planning on running it as a 400Mhz
processor).
The numbers a

AXDA2500DKV4D F458637270143 AQXDA 0319UPAW

I figured the important bit would be the following:

Stepping Code AQXDA
Manufacture Year 2003
Manufacture Week 19
Production Batch A
Batch Production Number 0143

From what I've gathered a low batch numer (A) is good, right? What
does the batch production number mean? And is this a good speciment
of the processor in general? Any other overclocking related info I
can pull from teh full string above?

Any thoughts, comments and suggestions welcome!

Best Wishes
Thomas

http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/Showamd.cfm shows the results of several
XP2500+ overclocks. I take the median of 2300MHz as about right.
--
"Heavens ta Murgatroid. Exit, stage left !"

Old July 21st 03, 01:41 AM
Thomas Andersson

S.Heenan wrote:

http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/Showamd.cfm shows the results of
several XP2500+ overclocks. I take the median of 2300MHz as about
right.

Been there but it didn't help much as people enter so different parts (none
complete) of the processor string.

Best Wishes
Thomas

Old July 21st 03, 04:10 PM
Gerald Moore

"Thomas Andersson" wrote in message ...
Hi!

I'm getting my Narton 2500+ now and got the person sending it to me to give
me the numbers from the top so I could research it a bit while I'm waiting.
Naturally I'm interested on an estimate of how good a performer it might me
(planning on running it as a 400Mhz processor).
The numbers a

AXDA2500DKV4D F458637270143 AQXDA 0319UPAW

I figured the important bit would be the following:

Stepping Code AQXDA
Manufacture Year 2003
Manufacture Week 19
Production Batch A
Batch Production Number 0143

From what I've gathered a low batch numer (A) is good, right? What does the
batch production number mean? And is this a good speciment of the processor
in general? Any other overclocking related info I can pull from teh full
string above?

Any thoughts, comments and suggestions welcome!

Best Wishes
Thomas

I am in the process of specing my next system. I too am considering
going with a 2500+ and setting the FSB to 400. I wonder what are the
general odds of success vs. failure with any given cpu? What factors
contribute to success or failure here? Will I need to go to
extraordinary measures for cooling, for example?

Gerald