nVidia - Component Video Out (Y Pr Pb) and Forceware Driver 56.72

Old July 14th 04, 03:53 PM
Spiro M. Telegadis

Default nVidia - Component Video Out (Y Pr Pb) and Forceware Driver 56.72

According to nVidia's website and their current Forceware Driver
56.72:
"Improved HDTV Y Pr Pb component out support for 480i, 480p, 720p, and
1080i formats* "

I'm aware of ATI's DVI to Component Video adapter, and according to
this post from Scala.com's FAQ.
(http://www.scala.com/miscellaneous-faq/dvi-hd.html)

"With the current video drivers for both ATI and nVidia cards with
DVI connectors you can use such an adapter. The drivers' "Advanced
Properties" tabs even include "radio buttons"/"check boxes" to make
life easy."

Is that true with respect to nVidia?

I yet to see any products with nVidia chipset touting that feature.
Can anyone out there clarify that issue? I've tried nvidia several
times with no reply.

On another Note I've seen it Component video referred to as the
following:

YPrPb
YPbPr
Y Pr Pb
Y Pb Pr
Y-Pr-Pb
Y-Pb-Pr
Y/Pr/Pb
Y/Pb/Pr

Which is it? Or do all apply?
Old July 14th 04, 05:21 PM
Biz

"Spiro M. Telegadis" wrote in message
om...
[...]

They all use the same three letters, why would you think they were any
different?

Y - luminence
Pr - Red minus luminence
Pb - Blue minus luminence

They all just mean component video.

Old July 14th 04, 10:49 PM
CapFusion

"Spiro M. Telegadis" wrote in message
om...

On another Note I've seen it Component video referred to as the
following:

YPrPb
YPbPr

This two is the same in reverse order without space.

Y Pr Pb
Y Pb Pr

Reverse order with space

Y-Pr-Pb
Y-Pb-Pr

Reverse order with dash instead of space.

Y/Pr/Pb
Y/Pb/Pr

Order and slash.

Which is it? Or do all apply?

They all mean the same. They just add space / dash / slash and reverse
order.
All haver the following:
Pr
Pb

CapFusion,...

Old July 15th 04, 03:09 PM
Spiro M. Telegadis

"Biz" wrote in message ...
[...]

I didn't think they would mean anything different. I just wanted to
know which, for lack of a better word, order was correct.

Searching for data relevant to this issue makes is difficult to find
because of the number of variation in the way it is refered.
Old July 15th 04, 03:13 PM
Spiro M. Telegadis

"CapFusion" CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com wrote in message ...
[...]

CapFusion,

I wanted to know which convection was correct.
Old July 15th 04, 06:56 PM
CapFusion

"Spiro M. Telegadis" wrote in message
om...
I wanted to know which convection was correct.

Without telling you.
Look at your HDTV or similar for that video component. It should be in that
order. Y is your starting point of that order.

CapFusion,...