4x/8x and 2x/4x

Old September 18th 03, 11:36 PM
Owen Mc Ateer

Default 4x/8x and 2x/4x

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying a '256MB Nvidia GeForce FX 5600' and its system
requirements a
- Intel Pentium 4/III/II/Celeron, AMD AthlonXP/Athlon/Duron or compatible
- with AGP 4X/8X slot
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- Operating Systems : Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT4,
- Windows ME, Windows 98/SE

And I have all that but the one thing I'm not sure about is the AGP slot, my
motherboard user guide says "one 2x/4xAGP slot for AGP 2.0-compliant
interface"

Does that mean I have the right AGP slot to use with this card?

Thanks Owen Mc Ateer

Old September 19th 03, 12:52 AM
Helion

It means it works in "either or" mode, the card will be fine as it will run
at agp4x since that is the fastest your board supports. There is minimal
difference between 4x and 8x.