SE models

Old December 5th 03, 08:26 PM
Richard Rollins

Default SE models

Are the SE models just under clocked or is there technical differences such
as slower memory.

Old December 5th 03, 09:38 PM
Robert Pendell

The second part is right on. Actually your entire question describes what
an SE model is. An underclocked, technically inferior version of the
regular cards. For example, the SE model of the Radeon 9800 has only 4
pipelines where as the regular NP and Pro versions have 8 pipelines. There
is a 20% chance that you might be able to unlock the other 4 on the SE model
but I wouldn't waste my money on it. Also the SE model has slower memory
that would not be able to handle the NP and Pro clock speeds.

--
Robert Pendell

Old December 5th 03, 10:56 PM
Thomas

Robert Pendell wrote:
The second part is right on. Actually your entire question describes
what an SE model is. An underclocked, technically inferior version
of the regular cards. For example, the SE model of the Radeon 9800
has only 4 pipelines where as the regular NP and Pro versions have 8
pipelines. There is a 20% chance that you might be able to unlock
the other 4 on the SE model but I wouldn't waste my money on it.
Also the SE model has slower memory that would not be able to handle
the NP and Pro clock speeds.

And on the 9600 SE versions, the SE has only 64 bit memory, instead of 128
bit..

It's really quite terrible..

Thomas

Yamaha has ceased production of all CD-R/RW models David Oseas Cdr 10 October 13th 04 08:23 PM
Help me sort out the AMD Athlon 64 CPU models Al Dykes Overclocking AMD Processors 8 September 14th 04 08:51 AM
LCD - Two models to choose from OVS General 2 August 31st 04 11:38 PM
Sony Vaio RZ - new models? PJR General 0 July 17th 04 12:33 PM
list of cpu makes and models and there temp specs Andrew Crook Homebuilt PC's 4 July 13th 03 02:45 PM