XP 2500+ Mobile CPU follow up question.

Old April 23rd 04, 12:48 PM
pberry

Default XP 2500+ Mobile CPU follow up question.

Hi

I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
1.65v then it will fry wont it?

So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
on?

Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.

thanks

paul
Old April 23rd 04, 01:53 PM
Chip

"pberry" wrote in message
Hi

I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
1.65v then it will fry wont it?

So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
on?

Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.

thanks

paul

I think overclockers are talking crap.

1. Desktop mainboards don't run mobiles at 1.45v: the 1.45v bridge settings
get mapped to 1.575v anyway.

2. 1.65v won't do it any harm either.

It is remotely possible (although I don't think so) that the a7n8x-e will
have some specific issue with mobiles (like locking the multiplier at some
stupid setting). This does happen on some mb's, but I don't think it will
be a problem on the Asus board.

Chip

Old April 23rd 04, 06:35 PM
rstlne

"pberry" wrote in message
Hi

I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
1.65v then it will fry wont it?

So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
on?

Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.

thanks

paul

I wouldnt think the 1.65v would harm it.. They are correct that you cant
just set the board to run @ 1.45..
You could still do a voltage mod if your really wanted to use that board and
the 2500+M

Old April 23rd 04, 06:36 PM
rstlne

I think overclockers are talking crap.

1. Desktop mainboards don't run mobiles at 1.45v: the 1.45v bridge

settings
get mapped to 1.575v anyway.

2. 1.65v won't do it any harm either.

It is remotely possible (although I don't think so) that the a7n8x-e will
have some specific issue with mobiles (like locking the multiplier at some
stupid setting). This does happen on some mb's, but I don't think it will
be a problem on the Asus board.

Chip

yes.. I think those problems dont really have to do with this specfic
board.. but rather having to do with EVERY Nv chipset..

Old April 23rd 04, 10:17 PM
COCA COLA KID

A7N8X-E Deluxe 2500XP-M
12.5x200=2500mhz
1.76vcore

smooth as a whistle

Old April 24th 04, 12:28 PM
The Old Man

"COCA COLA KID" wrote in message
A7N8X-E Deluxe 2500XP-M
12.5x200=2500mhz
1.76vcore

smooth as a whistle

Hi,
I have tried my XP2500 Mobile/ Asus A7N8X-E at 12.5x200=2500Mhz @ up to 1.8v
and WinXP boots but bombs out of applications like 3DMark2003.

Well done!

I tried 12x200=2400 @ 1.75v and it was only slightly better.
Seems stable at 200x11.5=2300Mhz & 1.65v.

I wanted 2500Mhz but what can you do?

Regards.
Graham.

Old April 26th 04, 09:18 PM
Max Harrell

"pberry" wrote in message
Hi

I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
1.65v then it will fry wont it?

So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
on?

Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.

thanks

paul

I am running the xp2500 M CPU on my Epox 8rda3+ MB and at 1.9 volts and
using the Thermalright ALX800 heatsink I can get 2500 MHz. On my MB the
mobile xp cpu is unlocked. Later this week I plan on trying it with the
Whitewater Waterblock and hope I can get it to 2600 or 2700 MHz. I have also
tried the 2500 Mobile with the DFI Nforce2 Ultra and it worked the same as
my Epox.

Max

Old May 1st 04, 11:47 AM
Ron

I am running a mobile 2500 on my k7n2g ilsr the problem with the voltage is
that most non mobile motherboards will not go as low as 1.4v I am running at
2500mhz at 1.675v and all is stable here. I have read posts as high as 1.9v
on air with no problems just have to watch the temps.