P4P800E Deluxe and Gainward GeForce 6800LE problem

Old February 19th 05, 07:03 PM
massa

Default P4P800E Deluxe and Gainward GeForce 6800LE problem

Hi!
I have just installed a new Gainward Ultra/2100LE GeForce 6800LE card on my
ASUS P4P800E Deluxe based PC and encountered a very annoying problem. The
card has an alarm buzzer for the card's additional power supply which goes
off as soon as I turn on the switch on the power supply unit and keeps
buzzing until pressing the ATX power switch to start the PC. While the PC is
running there are no problems and the VGA card works great. If I shut down
the PC the alarm goes off again and buzzes until I turn off the switch on
the PSU.
If I install the VGA card in my other PC with ASUS CUSL2 motherboard, there
are no alarms when the PC is turned off.
Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution for it? Is there a
jumper setting to be changed on the motherboard or a BIOS setting that will
cure this?
All ideas are appreciated, thanks in advance

Mladen

Old February 19th 05, 11:11 PM
Thagor

"massa" wrote in
:

[...]

Not sure what the buzzer is for but I would think it is a warning of
sorts. In this case, it would indicate a voltage supply problem when the
system is in "Shut Down" state. You may want to take a close look at your
ATX power supply.

Old February 19th 05, 11:57 PM
massa

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

[...]

I replaced the PSU with a new 480W Thermaltake, but still the same problem

Old February 20th 05, 01:24 AM
RaceFace

"massa" wrote in message

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

[...]

Is there a 4-pin Molex connector on the 6800LE? If so, do you have a
connector connected to it, one from a separate unused group of power
connectors?

Old February 20th 05, 10:09 AM
massa

"RaceFace" wrote in message

"massa" wrote in message

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

[...]

Yes, there is a 4-pin Molex connector on the card and a power connector is
plugged in it.

Old February 24th 05, 08:34 PM
dawg

Is there anything else connected using the same molex connection as the
video? Mine couldn't share a power connection with my CD/DVD drive.
"massa" wrote in message

"RaceFace" wrote in message

"massa" wrote in message

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

Old February 20th 05, 01:28 AM
Thagor

"massa" wrote in
:

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

[...]

Well, you definitely took a look at it! Surely you have checked for
jumpers on the card and possible driver settings that would cause this so
I will yield further comments to those who have experience with this
card.

Old February 20th 05, 10:19 AM
massa

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

[...]

There are no jumpers on the card and the drivers are not loaded until the PC
is started, so it has to be a motherboard issue.
Thank you for your time

Old February 25th 05, 11:04 PM
massa

"massa" wrote in message

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

"Thagor" wrote in message
.. .
"massa" wrote in
:

[...]

Problem solved! I removed the Modem from PCI slot 3 and everything works
normally!