Are their different versions of the dawn demo ?? as i have version as i have 1.0.2.0 ?

Old September 22nd 03, 06:24 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default Are their different versions of the dawn demo ?? as i have version as i have 1.0.2.0 ?

And i have done what everyone says AND IT WONT WORK.

I even installed Cat 3.6 drivers ?

Would 3.5 do any difference ?

Any help would be great.

Not going to buy a Nvida Fx just to see the demo.

How about that emulator ?? if most of my card supports the demo must
not be that slow

Thanks again.

Old September 22nd 03, 06:38 AM
Michael W Ryder

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:

And i have done what everyone says AND IT WONT WORK.

I even installed Cat 3.6 drivers ?

Would 3.5 do any difference ?

Any help would be great.

Not going to buy a Nvida Fx just to see the demo.

How about that emulator ?? if most of my card supports the demo must
not be that slow

Thanks again.

I am using Cat 3.5 drivers on a 9700 Pro and it works fine, same version
as you mention.

Old September 22nd 03, 06:40 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

What were the steps you used to get the dmeo running ???

Please tell.

Old September 22nd 03, 09:27 AM
Michael W Ryder

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:

What were the steps you used to get the dmeo running ???

Please tell.

I just downloaded the demo, installed it and the wrapper to the default
locations and it ran without any problems. You might try earlier Cat
drivers as I haven't found any reason to upgrade past 3.5.

Old September 22nd 03, 11:17 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Just copy the opengl32.dll to the Bin dir of the dawn demo and thats
it /???

Thats what i read you only had to do ?

I think i need 3.5 to make it work 3.6 NO GO.

Il try that hope it works, love to see it.

Thanks.

Old September 22nd 03, 03:21 PM
Bratboy

okay here is what I did. I put the ogl file in the bin directory, then I
also placed a copy of the 3.6 atioglxx.dll file in the bin directory then
with that folder open I just dbl click the Fairy.exe and it works. Think
some have said they like the cat 3.5 atioglxx better but Im happy as is. If
I try to run it from the Startmenu shortcut Nvidia made to it starts to load
then drops to desktop so have always ran it directly from its folder for
sucess. Anyway thats how I got it to work.

Just Jess

Old September 22nd 03, 04:39 PM
Mike Bernstein

To use the latest 3.7 drivers and get 'Dawn' working, you also need to place
the 'atioglxx.dll' file from the 3.5 driver set into the 'bin' directory.
That may seem complicated but it works.

"We Live For The One We Die For The One"

I'am using a 9600 Pro.

Old September 25th 03, 06:47 PM
zlo

it's not really that great of a demo. not as great as i thought it would
be.. in fact i am more impressed with the ati demos by far.

Old September 26th 03, 02:05 AM
Mike P

Have you seen her naked though...? ;-)

wrote in message ...

And i have done what everyone says AND IT WONT WORK.

I even installed Cat 3.6 drivers ?

Would 3.5 do any difference ?

Any help would be great.

Not going to buy a Nvida Fx just to see the demo.

How about that emulator ?? if most of my card supports the demo must
not be that slow

Thanks again.

Can't Run Dawn Demo with 3.7? Porcupuff Ati Videocards 7 September 14th 03 10:26 PM
dawn demo zlo Ati Videocards 0 September 11th 03 07:37 AM
Dawn Demo error Terence Gui Ati Videocards 5 September 11th 03 01:31 AM
Dawn Demo on Radeon 9700 Pro Adster Ati Videocards 10 September 10th 03 12:11 AM
Nvidia Dawn demo on ATI Dr Richard Cranium Ati Videocards 8 July 26th 03 10:34 PM