MSI Geforce 6200 question

Old November 5th 12, 10:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bolooser55

Default MSI Geforce 6200 question

Good day, I just put together an old system : winXP on a SA7 Abit
motherboard (Sis chipset) and P4 2400 with a geforce 6200.

Which nvidia drivers would you recommend for this machine. I hesitate
installing the last ones, don't know why.

Have a nice day
Old November 5th 12, 05:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Bolooser55 wrote:
Good day, I just put together an old system : winXP on a SA7 Abit
motherboard (Sis chipset) and P4 2400 with a geforce 6200.

Which nvidia drivers would you recommend for this machine. I hesitate
installing the last ones, don't know why.

Have a nice day

It's just possible, that Nvidia has stopped updating the 6200
driver. So the last one is... the last one. I think the 6200
got dropped for Windows 8. (In Windows 8, if your card is dropped,
your screen resolution gets stuck at 1024x768.)

Just try drivers as you normally would. Install, test, if you
don't like it, uninstall and try an older one. Salt to taste...

And if that's an AGP card, who knows when they last touched
the code for it, in any case.

Paul
Old November 6th 12, 03:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rb[_76_]

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html

Old November 6th 12, 01:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bolooser55

Le 06/11/2012 03:44, rb a écrit :
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html

thank you