52.16 drivers - will it help Ti-4200 cards?

Old January 8th 04, 12:25 AM
Viken Karaguesian

Default 52.16 drivers - will it help Ti-4200 cards?

Hi all,

I recently read (on guru3d.com) about the great new 62.16 drivers and how
they're supposed to be totally new and totally rewritten. This reviewer on
guru3d.com really liked the drivers. My question is: Will these drivers help
my GF4-Ti4200 128MB Card or are they geared more towards the newer FX-5XXX
cards?

P.S.: I just noticed that the latest drivers are 53.03

Old January 8th 04, 01:10 AM
dino

I did not like them for my FX5600-256...but then I don't like the card
neither...the older drivers I found worked way better...I have a 4200VTD8x
in my other system..which is a way better card then this one. I get to
return this one and am going to get a 9600XT. For you..stay with the older
ones...I ran the 45.23 and had great luck with them.

Old January 8th 04, 01:32 AM
DaveW

The latest drivers are for the FX cards with DX9. For stability with your
older card use the 45.23 driver.

--
DaveW

Old January 8th 04, 07:01 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:25:21 -0500, "Viken Karaguesian"
wrote:

Hi all,

I recently read (on guru3d.com) about the great new 62.16 drivers and how
they're supposed to be totally new and totally rewritten. This reviewer on
guru3d.com really liked the drivers. My question is: Will these drivers help
my GF4-Ti4200 128MB Card or are they geared more towards the newer FX-5XXX
cards?

Try to remain with the 38.xx driver set for that card, unless you play
games like HALO - then you need the latest.

The 44~46.xx drivers worked like pure **** on my Ti4200, the 52.xx
worked much better, allowed Halo to work right - but older games
suffered still - but still very playable. But like anything else,
what works for one people may not work for another.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old January 8th 04, 08:46 AM
Flow

Playing Halo with 41.09 np.
To answer your question , No. Stick with 30.xx or 40.xx
Experiment and benchmark which version your system likes most.Mine wants
41.09
B.t.w. the 30.82 are still the most stable drivers for any nvidia card.

"Darthy" schreef in bericht

Old January 8th 04, 03:58 PM
Shep©

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:46:19 +0100 Sat down laughing as it's habit to
keep on crying then "Flow" wrote :

Playing Halo with 41.09 np.
To answer your question , No. Stick with 30.xx or 40.xx
Experiment and benchmark which version your system likes most.Mine wants
41.09
B.t.w. the 30.82 are still the most stable drivers for any nvidia card.

Ditto.However I'm running the 53.04 in win98SE/XP with no problems on
my old Ti 200
44.03 were also good

"Darthy" schreef in bericht
.. .
wrote:

[...]

Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Free songs download,
Old January 9th 04, 10:21 AM
Bigguy

Will you please stop repeating this crap!! ;-)

The latest '5' series drivers work fine with Ti4200... in fact thay are
often required to play newer games like Halo and CoD.

Stability has never been an issue for the four systems I use on a daily
basis - all with 53.03 drivers
There are some problems with some old games and later drivers but all (?)
the newer games seem to prefer '5' series drivers + DX9. (All IMHO)

Not trying to start a flame war, just trying to stamp out an urban myth
before it gets fossilised into internet 'truth'.....

Some, none or all of you may differ..... opinions please!

Guy

Old January 11th 04, 04:28 PM
Darthy

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:21:39 -0000, "Bigguy" wrote:

Will you please stop repeating this crap!! ;-)

Dave_W posts this stupid **** on both ATI and Nvidia groups.

He's either a troll or a complete ****ing moron.... Actually a bigger
idiot than the guy who bought the defective video card on ebay.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

pc problems after g card upgrade + sp2 ben reed Homebuilt PC's 9 November 30th 04 02:04 AM
X800 cards under Win98SE - drivers? Kendt Eklund Ati Videocards 3 November 26th 04 11:08 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 08:28 PM
Any known issues with nVidia chipset drivers and ATI All-In-Wonder 7500 Radeon cards? heymikey Asus Motherboards 0 December 14th 03 04:34 AM
P4P800Dlx W2K Won't Run 2 Video Cards Ken Fox Asus Motherboards 2 December 13th 03 09:29 AM