Random reboots- Bad memory? Device Driver error everytime

Old January 11th 04, 09:49 PM
Frank

Default Random reboots- Bad memory? Device Driver error everytime

erich wrote:
yes....why?
It is of the Trust.

Sorry for have write so later.

"hmm" ha scritto nel messaggio
By chance are you using a USB 4 Port Hub on your system?

"erich" wrote in message
ok thanks again!!

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
ha scritto nel messaggio
I can only repeat the things to check as I outlined above with
one additional possibility, You may have a bad memory stick. If
you have more than one, you might try pulling one out and
running the system to see if the problem reappears and the same
with any others. Aside from that: First, be sure your antivirus
software has the latest definitions and run a virus scan.

Second, download, install and run Ad Awa
www.lavasoftusa.com

Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event
Viewer, look for errors corresponding to the crash, double click
the error, the information contained within may give a clue as
to the
source of the problem.

Assuming you have an XP CD and not a recovery CD, place the XP
CD in the drive, when the setup screen appears, select "Check
System Compatibility," the report it generates may point to
problem hardware or software on your system. If you do not have
an XP CD, you can download this application known as the Upgrade
Advisor from the following site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...ng/advisor.asp
Note: If you have access to a broadband connection it might be
best to download using that as this is a rather large download.

Check for the latest drivers for your hardware, especially your
graphics card and soundcard and all peripherals connected to
your system. No n ot use Windows Update for this, go to the
device manufacturer's web sites and if you install updated
drivers, ignore the message about drivers being unsigned by
Microsoft.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"erich" wrote in message
Sorry again.... it reboot itself !
But now I saw the blue screenwith this report:
error
0x0000001A(0x000412841, 0x17806000,0x0000EB85,0x00503000)

this error I have already seen, but I don't know what does it
meaning!!? Do you have an idea?!

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
ha scritto nel messaggio
You're welcome and good luck.

Have a happy holiday.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"erich" wrote in message
thanks a lot, however it say that thare are no problems!
And it is 4 day that I have no reboot!
Bye and marry Xmas!

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
ha scritto nel messaggio
It appears to have something to do with either your network
interface card
or your network configuration. Hard to say if it's the
card, the configuration or possibly a firewall or some other
security software that might be interfering.

Have you performed any of the checks I originally posted as
they might help source the issue:

[...]

"erich" wrote in message
I have resolved this problem (V2i ), but not this:

NAT ( Network Address Translator) non č riuscito a
richiedere un'operazione
del modulo di traduzione in modalitą kernel. Errata
configurazione, risorse
insufficienti o errore interno. Il codice di errore č nei
dati.

it is in italian but you should understand the meanning...
Have you an idea?
thanks

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"

ha
scritto
nel messaggio ...
Makes no sense to me either. Did you run a virus scan, did

you
run
Ad
Aware
as suggested? This does not appear to be an XP service.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"erich" wrote in message
Open Event viewer:

the service V2i non been started 'cause to error during
startup.

What??

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
ha
scritto
nel messaggio
First, be sure your antivirus software has the latest
definitions
and
run
virus scan.

Second, download, install and run Ad Awa
www.lavasoftusa.com

If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel,

open
System,
go
the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and
Recovery, remove
the
check from "Automatically Restart" under System Failure.
This will
cause
the system to blue screen instead of restarting on
errors and the information on the blue screen may give a
clue as to the source of the
issue.

[...]

"erich" wrote in message
I have the same problem but my video card has no
fan...I have change the Ram
for two time....I have no idea why it do so.

"Mr. Elbe" ha scritto nel
messaggio
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:49:29 GMT,
wrote:

It sounds like you've answered your own question.

Bad memory will cause random hangs (and reboots if
you've
got
windows
configured to do so) as the PC will often go off

into
lala
land
when
values
in memory change at random.

If memtest86 isn't passing, then you're going to have
problems like this
sooner or later.

Replace the faulty memory.

"TReminga" wrote in message

om...
Here are the stats I have for my machine:
P4 2.53ghz
Gigabyte GA-8IHXP Rev 2.1
4x PC1066 Samsung 512MB RDRAM rimms
Creative Labs Live! Value
Gainward GeForce4 128MB Ultra video
Promise TX1000 IDE RAID card
1x IBM 120GB Deskstar
3x various 120GB hard drives- spanned with Promise
card Linksys 802.11g wireless adaptor

All drivers seem to go on fine.

My problem:
The system is very unstable, usually when I am

using
IE.
will
click
a link and presto the box will reboot itself. It
usually
happens
once
a day, sometimes twice. I rarely go for a day

without
it
rebooting-
unless the box is unused. There have been times it
also reboots
itself
at night while I sleep- so it does not HAVE to be
under load.

I have run memtest86 on my memory and have found

one
faulty
module.
plan to pull it out. Every time though the system
reboots
it
comes
back with an Microsoft Recovered from Error

message.
It
always
blames
a Device Driver for the problem, but never tells me
what device
driver
caused the error. I would have pulled the RAM already
but
did
not
have the crimms to put into the slots. I am
wondering if others
have
this same problem?

Are there any other memory tests I can run besides
memtest86? I
switched the memory around and the errors

continued
follow
the
stick, so I know which one it is. I have heard that
there are other
memory test apps out there.

Would faulty memory cause Windows to report that
device
driver
error?
Any help would be great, I am SO sick of such a

flaky
box!

I had something similar happen. Problem was that the
fan on the
video
card ceased rotating.

A7N8X-E Which nForce driver??? Joe101 Asus Motherboards 3 October 28th 04 06:37 AM
Help me understand USB entries in Device Manager [email protected] General 0 October 25th 04 08:50 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
USB Memory Stick: Problem with driver and recognition Thomas Jerkins General 0 June 1st 04 02:26 PM
Error Installing VIA/S3 Unichrome II KM400 driver XPPro Asus A7V8X-MX SE Patrick Dunford Asus Motherboards 1 May 14th 04 09:58 PM