Dual Display with my 6600GT Card

Old April 8th 05, 08:05 PM
Howard Bates

Default Dual Display with my 6600GT Card

Ok, I have recently just set up quite a nice system, that is running
perfectly...and recently, I have thought upon using the dual display
option.

So I have an old monitor that I thought I'd test it on before I
splashed out on another TFT. So, the setup is as follows.

Normal VGA Output on GFX Card - Syncmaster710v 17" TFT
DVI (using a DVI to VGA converter) - Rubbishy old 15 inch CRT.

When I boot the system, the post etc all shows up on both screens. As
soon as the logon screen shows up, the rubbish old monitor then
switches off and the LED changes from green to orange (I guess its
saying that its not receiving an input).

Not to worry I thought, probably just need to mess around with the
nVidia software to get it to work.

Only one monitor shows up in the device manager. And the dual screen
configuration on the nVidia software tells me it see's both monitors.
However, when I try to configure it, nothing ever happens, I've read
the guide that came with it etc, and scouted round google groups for
an answer.

I really can't for the life of me get this to work, and I really want
it to! So please can someone tell me whats wrong?! I know both
monitors work, and they both do work before windows loads. So
hopefully someone here will have been in a relatively similar
situation.

Thanks in advance,

Howard
Old April 9th 05, 03:19 AM
default

My guess is that you have the driver set to clone mode, horizontal or
vertical and the 15" model cannot sync to the refresh rate or resolution of
your TFT. Set the nView display mode to DualView in order to have separate
resolution and refresh rate controls for each monitor.

om...

Old April 9th 05, 05:32 AM
pjp

And also insure under Display Properties, Settings tab that (assuming it
shows both monitors) that you click on the 2nd and then checkmark the Extend
my Desktop ...

Old April 10th 05, 02:40 PM
Howard Bates

No, I have set the software to dual veiw. I spoke to a workmate about
it, and he suggested the extend my desktop. But the option isn't
there. And Windows also doesn't show both monitors Any other
suggestions?

Thanks