X800 XT VIVO and Multimeda Center

Old March 24th 05, 05:08 AM

Default X800 XT VIVO and Multimeda Center

--Gigabyte X800 XT VIVO (PCIE)
--MMC 9.06
--Windows XP Pro /w SP2
--ATI Catalyst 5.3 (non CCC - just regular control panel)

I'm trying to hook up my PS2 using VIVO but the MMC TV won't start?
I run the PC Check. I pass everything besides the "capture driver
installation"?
The message I get is:

FAILED:
-------
Capture driver is not loaded nor enumerated by the devi...
ATI Rage Theater Video Capture

The message is cut off and I can't resize the MMC Configuration window.
No idea what this means.

In the MMC Configuration TV Tab. I selected "Video In" for the TV
capture source and for the driver it says "ATI Rage Theater Video
Capture". In the Windows Device Manager, under "Sound, video and game
controllers", It has the:

ATI WDM Rage Theater Video
ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec

It looks like the TV tab detects a the capture device and device
manager also. So, what the hell? How come the MMC TV won't start?
And why am I failing the capture driver test?

One more thing. I also tried with the dao-mdac thing installed and
uninstalled and still won't start.

Old March 24th 05, 10:46 AM
Paul Murphy

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The PC check program has known issues with falsely claiming capture driver
problems. Now that ATI have allowed 3rd party manufacturers to use their
chips to make graphics cards, some of them aren't reference designs and so
won't work with MMC. I see that your cards manufacturer has another utility
called V Tuner II (on their website) to control this cards VIVO
functionality and ATIs MMC 9.06 makes no mention of supporting VIVO cards
anymore (as older versions used to) - only All in wonder cards. What makes
you think this combination should work?

Have you tried the V Tuner II software?

Paul

Old March 24th 05, 02:19 PM
triXeo

[...]

Read my post "Got a VIVO card and can't get MMC 9.06 to work? Solution
here..." or go directly he
http://web.telia.com/~u19110420/
Tell me if it works. It did work on a friends ASUS Radeon X700PRO VIVO
card. Make sure though that you've got everything installed correctly;
CATALYST 5.3 Drivers, Microsoft Windows Media Encoder 9, DAO-MDAC
Component Package 9.1.0.0 and of course Multimedia Center 9.06.0.0.
Old March 24th 05, 04:31 PM
Paul Murphy

"triXeo" wrote in message
[...]

How did you figure out the change needed? Do you know what change is needed
to change the Tvtv button functionality on European installations of MMC? It
would be very handy if this could start (an already installed version of)
Digiguide instead (for those who don't want TVTV). For the information of
NTSC users in Canada & America that's a (subscription based) web site driven
scheduler in place of Guideplus.

Paul

Old March 24th 05, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Vtuner II is for overclocking the graphic card. I prefer using ATI
tool.

I'm not at home now so can't try the fix. I'll be home late so I try
it then and post the result.

Old March 24th 05, 09:52 PM
triXeo

Paul Murphy wrote:
"triXeo" wrote in message

[...]

Old trick... I don't remember who gave me the idea, someone in this ng
years ago prolly. Dunno about tvtv though, don't even know what it is,
on AIW's I guess?
Old March 25th 05, 06:20 AM

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news is that doing the fix allowed the MMC TV to load up.

Bad news is the MMC TV is not displaying anything.

Maybe I'm using the wrong video connector? I am using the one supplied
by Gigabyte. Go to this link to see the pic:
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage....125-150-05.jpg

Dunno if this might be useful, this is my graphic card:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...125-150&depa=0

And also I have everything installed you mentioned except "Component
Package 9.1.0.0"? I can't find this at the ATI website?

Old March 25th 05, 11:02 AM
Paul Murphy

I'm not familiar with VIVO cards (only AIWs) but it looks from the adapters
on that link that you can have either composite or S-Video input - if this
is the case, has the correct input device been selected in the TV (video)
Viewer app i.e. composite or S-Video? The button that's second from the
right should allow the selection (assuming VIVO use gives similar options
but minus TV Tuner). All In Wonders have an arrangement where the one socket
on the cards backplate allows for both Composite and S-Video input -
depending which adapter is used and the correct selection must still be made
in the software.

The "Component Package 9.1.0.0" refers to the part you referred to in your
initial post as "the dao-mdac thing". Its essential that this is installed
before MMC (along with the other MMC prerequisites listed on the ATI MMC
download page) for MMC to work. Pity Gigabyte didn't put a ready made video
display/capture utility for this card on their website - unless its
somewhere else other than with the drivers.

Paul

ups.com...

Old March 25th 05, 12:14 PM
triXeo

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news is that doing the fix allowed the MMC TV to load up.

Bad news is the MMC TV is not displaying anything.

Maybe I'm using the wrong video connector? I am using the one supplied
by Gigabyte. Go to this link to see the pic:
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage....125-150-05.jpg

Dunno if this might be useful, this is my graphic card:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...125-150&depa=0

And also I have everything installed you mentioned except "Component
Package 9.1.0.0"? I can't find this at the ATI website?

"DAO-MDAC Component Package 9.1.0.0" -- you referred to it as "the
dao-mdac thing". I've got that cable to the left, the one that has 1
s-video out and 1 in, 1 composite out and 1 in with my 9200 VIVO (HIS)
and it works as it should. The one in the middle seem to be a RGB cable
which could only be used for RGB-output. Make sure, as Paul says, that
the correct input device been selected in the TV application and that
the device that you use as source really outputs the corresponding
signal, eg. an ordinary VHS-recorder does not output s-video and hence
the s-video input cannot be used. I use my digital tv receiver as
s-video source. It can also be used for receiving analog channels but it
only outputs composite video when doing so, hence I've got it connected
with both s-video and composite to the VIVO.
Old March 26th 05, 06:02 AM

Just to make sure I did everything properly. I uninstalled all the ATI
stuff
and Media Encoder. And just to be safe I decided to install Catalyst
5.2 (non CCC).

Well, I installed 5.2 drivers, Encoder, mdac, MMC, then did the fix.

All of a sudden, YAY! It worked. Dunno if it's the driver or if I
installed
the other stuff incorrectly before. Whatever it is, I'm just happy it
works. Don't
have to buy a vga converter.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and replying.
Thank you triXeo for telling me about the fix.

It's a composite connection.

k, bye, off to play san andres.