Ivista Home Security motion detection image capture size

Old September 19th 03, 11:43 PM
Nash

Default Ivista Home Security motion detection image capture size

The Ivista Home Security motion detect feature seems to work well, except
the video captures 16 small images in one .jpg.
I would like a larger image capture, but Ivista says it's not possible to
make the images larger.
Does anyone have a work around?

When the program detects motion, it will play a .wav of a dog barking, or
send an e-mail, or open another program.
maybe there is a way of opening another program to capture a larger images ?

any ideas ?

thanks

Doug

Old September 21st 03, 11:16 PM
Eagletron Inc.

"Nash" wrote in message m...
The Ivista Home Security motion detect feature seems to work well, except
the video captures 16 small images in one .jpg.
I would like a larger image capture, but Ivista says it's not possible to
make the images larger.
Does anyone have a work around?

TrackerCam Software or CamPanel (multi-camera) from www.trackercam.com
can capture 20 frames per second when they detect motion. The images
are stored as jpg's which can be played back in sequence at up to 100
frames per second depending on your hardware.

TrackerCam Development
www.trackercam.com

Old September 22nd 03, 08:29 AM
mike

Eagletron Inc. wrote:
"Nash" wrote in message m...

[...]

And the trackercam software is free....but wait, if you want to capture
more than 100 images in one day...which we all do....you have to buy the
trackercam hardware. I learned this sad fact after investing several
hours in trying to figure out how to use it. Find another application.
And let us know what it is...I want one too.
mike

Old September 23rd 03, 01:05 AM
Eagletron Inc.

And the trackercam software is free....but wait, if you want to capture
more than 100 images in one day...which we all do....you have to buy the
trackercam hardware. I learned this sad fact after investing several
hours in trying to figure out how to use it. Find another application.
And let us know what it is...I want one too.
mike

Sorry for the inconvenience, Mike. Due to your feedback we have
updated our download page so that it is now clear that only 100 images
can be saved in one day if you don't already own a TrackerPod ($125 +)
or a TrackerKey ($99).

TrackerCam Development
www.trackercam.com
Old September 24th 03, 01:44 AM
Nash

I like that Ivista Home Security has the ability to let you highlight the
specific area of the cameras field of view that you want the motion
detection to respond to. I can focus it to look for differences on the lawn
and the road in the center of the field, and ignore the trees on the side of
the view, swaying in the wind.

I have been looking for a way to use Ivista Home Security motion detection,
to capture a larger image instead of the 16 postage stamps it does.
Ivista customer support said the motion detection image capture size was not
adjustable.

Si 's comments got me looking for a program to capture a .jpg
I thought of a printscreen button type thing, and went looking for something
that could work with Ivista's ability to send e-mail, make .wav dogs bark,
and run a program.

I found an automatic adjustable printscreen button type program, which works
on command, and captures the screen as a .jpg

http://www.gadwin.com/
Gadwin PrintScreen 2.6
It is simple program, was very easy to set up. A very nice program and plus
it is freeware.

The Gadwin Printscreen programs help section has a page of "Command Line
Arguments"
it mentions one called "justnow" which - Causes Gadwin PrintScreen to do a
capture using current settings and close when finished or canceled

I used this in the Ivista - Motion Detection - Edit - Response - Change -
Run Program :
under
Program Name:
C:\Program Files\Gadwin Systems\PrintScreen\PrintScreen.exe
and under
Parameters:
/justnow

I have Gadwin Printscreen program set to capture the entire screen. I adjust
the size of the Ivista Video Preview window as large as I like it. When
Ivista detects motion, it starts barking, and e-mailing, and causes the
Printscreen program to capture the entire screen, of which the big, big,
video preview window is now a part of, as a .jpg and saves the file to a
folder.

It's not an ideal arrangement. I would like to be able to capture a large
image without having to look at it on the desktop. But for now it works. For
now I'm using a second PC, until I can find another way.

thanks for your help !

Doug

"Si Ballenger" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:43:49 GMT, "Nash"
wrote:

The Ivista Home Security motion detect feature seems to work well, except
the video captures 16 small images in one .jpg.
I would like a larger image capture, but Ivista says it's not possible to
make the images larger.
Does anyone have a work around?

When the program detects motion, it will play a .wav of a dog barking, or
send an e-mail, or open another program.
maybe there is a way of opening another program to capture a larger

images ?

any ideas ?

Another capture program probably won't be able to access your
capture device since ivista is using it. I think there is a
program that can call up a web page and caputre it as a jpg or
bmp file. Ivista will supply single frames upon a web request.
When motion is detected, a batch type file could be executed that
calls the program to get and save the single frame provided in
the web page called. Putting the called web page in a popout that
is the size of the frame would minimize the size of the page
captured.

Old September 24th 03, 02:24 AM
Nash

I tried Trackercam for several hours.
Some programs seem intuitively easy to follow. This was not one of them.

It seems like there are only a few things to adjust related to motion
detection and capture, and yet i think i found most of them in this program
frustrating. I especially found the player used to view the captured images
very confusing to learn.

This is the first program I have ever used, that i enjoyed uninstalling.

But, maybe it works nice with their tracking camera

Doug

"mike" wrote in message ...
Eagletron Inc. wrote:

m...

Old September 25th 03, 01:15 AM
Si Ballenger

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:44:28 GMT, "Nash"
wrote:

[...]

I'll have to check the capture program to see how its works.
Ivista can capture single frames, so you may want to try this
simple setup. If the capture program can be set to capture the
active window (like alt-printscreen), then you can better
optomize the frame captures. Copy the below capture.bat batch
file and paste in notepad, and save as capture.bat (watch for
line wrap, the start http://127... should be on one line). When
run, capture.bat will sound a chime, open the default brouser
and load a captured ivista frame, delay for ~1 sec. (the ping
line, increase the number after the -n to increase the delay one
sec. per increase), actuate your command line capture, then
repeat. Have the motion detection run the capture.bat file (just
double click it to test). You can increase the frame size as
desired in the ivista line. The brouser opened size can be
minimized in size to just fit the frame. Brouser tool bars can be
eliminated to save size. Just capturing the active brouser
instead of the whole desk top is ideal.

=======capture.bat below========

@echo off
sndrec32.exe /play /close %windir%\media\ringin.wav
start
http://127.0.0.1/cgi/nph-jpeg.exe?-a...ice+0+-video+0
' capture command line here
start
http://127.0.0.1/cgi/nph-jpeg.exe?-a...ice+0+-video+0
ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 nul
[...]
cls

Old September 25th 03, 10:04 PM
Edd

"Nash" wrote in message
The Ivista Home Security motion detect feature seems to work well, except
the video captures 16 small images in one .jpg.
I would like a larger image capture, but Ivista says it's not possible to
make the images larger.
Does anyone have a work around?

When the program detects motion, it will play a .wav of a dog barking, or
send an e-mail, or open another program.
maybe there is a way of opening another program to capture a larger images

?

any ideas ?

thanks

Doug

Hi,

You could try Crime Catcher available at www.new-software.co.uk
This should capture images of a 'reasonable' size and allow you to play them
back in sequence/save them as an avi etc.

Cheers,

Edd

Old September 26th 03, 07:26 PM
Nash