Geforce MX4000 vs MX440

Old January 3rd 05, 12:01 PM
Gian Carlo

Default Geforce MX4000 vs MX440

Hi,
I was looking for the MX4000 chip on the site of Nvidia but I found nothing
that can tell me the differences and benchmark of this chip compared to the
MX440 and other chip. Do you have some information about it or some link
with benchmark of some card of this class? ( MX4000, MX440, FX5200 Radeon
9200SE ...)

Thanks 4 xour help

greetings

Gian Carlo

Old January 3rd 05, 07:10 PM
John

Benchmark your card with 3DMarks03 and then check the online results.
There isn't much difference between the MX440 and MX400 it's the same
chip only clock and memory speed are a little different. The FX is
better than the Radeon tought. I never trusted Radeon I always had a
GeForce I mean look at the price there's only 10 buck difference
between th Radeon 9800 Pro and the GeForce 6600GT butthe 6600GT is much
better than the 9800 Pro. 9800 Pro is to expensive for it performance.
I personnaly don't like it.

Old January 4th 05, 05:24 AM
First of One

The 9800 Pro is one generation older, designed to compete against the
FX5900. The fact that the 9800 is still being considered a contemporary
card, while the FX5900 has been forgotten, says a lot.

3DMark 03 results change weekly depending on which chipset manufacturer paid
more in membership fees that week. It has no relevance to real-life
gameplay. (The FX5200 will come on top thanks to shader 2.0 support.) In
real life expect the FX5200 and R9200SE to perform equally bad, the MX cards
even worse...

oups.com...

Old January 4th 05, 06:48 AM
Larry Roberts

On 3 Jan 2005 11:10:25 -0800, "John"
wrote:

Benchmark your card with 3DMarks03 and then check the online results.
There isn't much difference between the MX440 and MX400 it's the same
chip only clock and memory speed are a little different. The FX is
better than the Radeon tought. I never trusted Radeon I always had a
GeForce I mean look at the price there's only 10 buck difference
between th Radeon 9800 Pro and the GeForce 6600GT butthe 6600GT is much
better than the 9800 Pro. 9800 Pro is to expensive for it performance.
I personnaly don't like it.

I think your little off on the price difference. There's a
$10.00 difference when you compare the 9800Pro AGP to the 6600GT
PCI-Express, but the 6600GT AGP is alot higher than the 9800Pro AGP.
Old January 5th 05, 05:24 AM
Lachoneus

I was looking for the MX4000 chip on the site of Nvidia but I found nothing
that can tell me the differences and benchmark of this chip compared to the
MX440 and other chip. Do you have some information about it or some link
with benchmark of some card of this class? ( MX4000, MX440, FX5200 Radeon
9200SE ...)

MX4000 is basically an MX440[SE] with a 4-digit number attached to it,
so it can look like all the other cards.

No card with MX in its name will be a performer, but some cheap MX4000's
have a 32-bit(!) memory bus (one-fourth of a proper MX440), giving you
performance about on par with a GeForce2 MX100/200 (i.e., don't even
think about 3D games released this century).