Which card has the best AA and AF performance x800 Pro or 6800GT ??

Old December 7th 04, 05:45 PM
The Other Guy.

Default Which card has the best AA and AF performance x800 Pro or 6800GT ??

Which card has the best AA and AF performance x800 Pro or 6800GT ??

I would like to run all my games in AA 4 AF 8.

And a resolution above 1024 by 768. Ive head the 6800Gt at higher
resolutions beats the ATI card is that true ??

Looking at getting a 6800GT if thats the case.

Thanks.

Old December 8th 04, 05:22 AM
Nicholas Buenk

"The Other Guy." wrote in message

Which card has the best AA and AF performance x800 Pro or 6800GT ??

I would like to run all my games in AA 4 AF 8.

And a resolution above 1024 by 768. Ive head the 6800Gt at higher
resolutions beats the ATI card is that true ??

Looking at getting a 6800GT if thats the case.

Thanks.

Well if you run your games at 1600x1200 you don't need AA.

Old December 8th 04, 07:10 PM
deimos

The Other Guy. wrote:
Which card has the best AA and AF performance x800 Pro or 6800GT ??

I would like to run all my games in AA 4 AF 8.

And a resolution above 1024 by 768. Ive head the 6800Gt at higher
resolutions beats the ATI card is that true ??

Looking at getting a 6800GT if thats the case.

Thanks.

Highest Quality AA -- GF6 series
Fastest HighRes AA -- X800

Highest AF Level -- X800
Most AF controls -- GF6

Fastest AF algorithem -- X800

When you compare some of the midrange GF6 and X800's, you find that on
high end systems, the X800 will outperform the GF6 with both AF and AA
on (such as 4X AA, 8X AF) as resolutions become greater.

However, the 6800U has immense raw bandwidth and power that to the best
of my knowlege beats the X800 in most all benchmarks. It's much more
well rounded and doesn't score high in just HL2.

Both cards are very good, but as far as value is concerned, I'd say the
6800GT is a much better deal currently.

You're getting a much newer design that's not a rehash of an old card
like the X800, with new features (SM3, full 32-bit precision at full
performance), excellent drivers and great performance in both DX9c and
OpenGL 1.5/2.0.

The 6800GT will perform very well over a broad range of games and thus
you are likely to have a better experience overall.
Old December 9th 04, 03:18 AM
The Other Guy.

Well a 6800gt sound slike a good card then.