Artifacts on my Samsung 213T/6800 ULTRA OC

Old September 1st 04, 10:07 PM
spinlock

Default Artifacts on my Samsung 213T/6800 ULTRA OC

I have the 213T and the BFG 6800 ultra oc.
There are artifacts, little rectangular blips of
the wrong color, here and there, on the display.

Shortly after boot the system hangs.

I have a Antec 550W PS with both dongles(from
separate power cables) installed.

I sent it back to BFG, the replacement arrives today.

Has anyone else seen this?

thanks and game on,

Old September 2nd 04, 04:57 AM
spinlock

Card came in, same bug. I know it was
a new card because I marked in 3 different ways.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU....................!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Returned 550W Antec PS for a 550W Enermax
and KAABBOOOMM!!!!!!!!! No more artifacts!!!!!!!!!

System is groovy.

Game on,

Old September 3rd 04, 01:55 AM
KingGuardian

"First of One" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
What the...? 550 W Antec giving you trouble?

--

Spinlock didn't say which motherboard, but if I recall correctly I believe
that I read somewhere there was/is an ASUS mobo that had problems with Antec

Old September 3rd 04, 03:44 AM
spinlock

Interesting, the mobo is the ASUS P4C800E.

The Enermax is working great. I like the adjustable
fan, cranked it right up to 2600 RPM. I also like
the fact that the 20 pin/4 pin(square) power cables for the mobo
are shielded(I don't think the Antecs are) and there is
a extra 4 pin(straight, hard disk type) connecter coming
out of the shielded mobo power cables. I plugged this into
the bottom power connector on the 6800.

I really respect Antec, but, that PS would not work
with my mobo/6800.

Old September 3rd 04, 03:45 AM
spinlock

I had a hard time believing myself.

I really respect Antec, but, it was clearly causing
my artifacts and rebooting.